Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
I really love these wheels that I believe we're an original factory upgrade.
I've googled them and they are no longer available nor does any GM Parts carrier have them in a nationwide search of their inventory.
Did anyone in this forum ever purchase these or anyone know anyone who did?
I'd love to buy a set

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1428606544.466187.jpg

Cheers馃嚞馃嚙

AKA SolWhat?
That part number is the part number for the center caps with the Pontiac Arrow.

Try 17802093 , which should be the part number for the MB093 Dealer installed option. These were not available from the factory as an option when ordering the car.

Good luck finding them.

Premium Member
GMPartsGiant .com shows a listing for this wheel it's $464.00 a wheel or $1859.60 a set plus shipping that's for the wheel only ,no cap, lug nuts or TPMS sensor .I ran through the whole order process up to the actual order and everything went through so I assume they have a set .Did some searching and this was the only place I could find that still apparently carries them .

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #5
I did the same thing on the same site
I also spoke to them directly
Their computers show 4 available in the whole GM Parts national inventory but guy told that that a standard showing when they don't have any to sell
ie. There are 4 somewhere but the could be on someone's car or 1 on display in Cal, 1 in back of a what're house in Chicago etc
They were never actually sold so they stay on the computer inventory
He said by all means place the order but chances of them ever fulfilling the order were less then 10%

That ADI part place that Redone mentioned can pull 4 but the can only sell to local GM dealers or other national ADI branches
So
All wheels get sold from that ADI in WA to my local GM dealers local ADI in Tampa then that ADI sells wheels to my local GM dealer who then sell to me
Phew!
GM MSRP is $464
ADI sell to ADI for $341
ADI sell to Dealer for $381
Add all the shipping in approx $400
And then locking lug nut (4)
Lug nuts (16)
TPMS (4)
Center caps (4)
New tires (Goodyear Eagles) maybe
Fitting, balancing etc

I'm expecting an estimate from my local GM dealer tomorrow morning for the whole thing
I don't expect I'd get much change from $3k all in

They are nice tho

Thanks for all you help.
I'll let you know tomorrow the actual amount of just the wheels

Cheers馃嚞馃嚙

Premium Member
I have a set on my coupe. Bought them about five years ago and had them on my wicked GXP. When I purchased the additional coupe last year decided the wheels would look great on it. So switched wheels. I have only seen a couple other kappas with these dealer accessory wheels. I have been to seven NASSM events and finally last year at Poconos saw a Sky with these wheels. Good luck finding them. Pictures would be nice but I've never been able on this site!

Premium Member
Just a thought I wonder who the supplier of those wheels is ? I know Alcoa produces wheels for some of the major manufacturers they have a plant in Cleveland , Ohio might be something to look into .

Registered
Just a thought I wonder who the supplier of those wheels is ? I know Alcoa produces wheels for some of the major manufacturers they have a plant in Cleveland , Ohio might be something to look into .
I believe all of the Solstice wheels are Chinese.

AKA SolWhat?
I believe all of the Solstice wheels are Chinese.
:agree:

I don't have any reason to believe differently. The painted aluminum, polished aluminum, chromed aluminum are all Chinese. Unless someone has definitive information that these wheels are made somewhere other than China, I will assume the MB093 10 spoke and the MB222 Snowflake are also from China.
The Q9Y split spoke from the Solstice Street Edition are also Chinese, as are the Q9Y split spoke from the Sky Special Editions.

Left Solstice Q9Y, Right Sky Q9Y

Attachments

Registered
:agree:

I don't have any reason to believe differently. The painted aluminum, polished aluminum, chromed aluminum are all Chinese. Unless someone has definitive information that these wheels are made somewhere other than China, I will assume the MB093 10 spoke and the MB222 Snowflake are also from China.
The Q9Y split spoke from the Street Edition are also Chinese.

Some of the Saturn Skys were "Limited Edition" and came with a special 10 spoke wheel. I wonder why that wheel is not pictured in Dave's post above? Is it because they were a Saturn only option?

Thanks for posting, Dave!

Yogi

AKA SolWhat?
Some of the Saturn Skys were "Limited Edition" and came with a special 10 spoke wheel. I wonder why that wheel is not pictured in Dave's post above? Is it because they were a Saturn only option?

Yogi
I took that out of the Solstice PrintBook. I can look and see if I can do the same for Saturn. If I find that page I'll update the message.

:thumbs:

EDIT Updated message #10, it should now be showing all the different wheels, Solstice and Sky, that were available as either factory options or as ADI (Accessory Dealer Installed) wheels.

Registered
I took that out of the Solstice PrintBook. I can look and see if I can do the same for Saturn. If I find that page I'll update the message.

:thumbs:

EDIT Updated message #10

Thanks, Dave. Although that listing does show a 10 spoke wheel, it is the same "MB093" as shown in the Solstice list. The spokes are 10 spokes with equal spacing between the spokes. The wheel that I'm talking about is more like "5 pairs" of spokes. I'll try to post a photo:

I wonder what the option # is for these wheels and if they are available?

Yogi

Registered
There's another forum member searching for the SKY split spoke wheels, that's having the same issue in finding wheels.

The only time I've seen the 10 spoke the OP is searching for is on cars for sale, and those come up rarely. Also seen them on Ebay a few times, but again not very often.
[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

I'd suggest advertising WTB on Craigslist for them, but that almost like giving a criminal a shopping list. But you could find a legitimate seller too. Another resource is contacting a salvage yard and letting them know what you're searching for; Used Auto Parts - Car Parts - Truck Parts - Body Parts - Engines - Wheels - Bumpers - Lights. They are an online salvage retailer.

I'd also suggest having the headline changed to include WTB.

AKA SolWhat?
Thanks, Dave. Although that listing does show a 10 spoke wheel, it is the same "MB093" as shown in the Solstice list. The spokes are 10 spokes with equal spacing between the spokes. The wheel that I'm talking about is more like "5 pairs" of spokes. I'll try to post a photo:

I wonder what the option # is for these wheels and if they are available?

Yogi
Those are the Sky "Q9Y" Special Edition Wheels. I have added them to my post #10. I'm going to post a new thread as soon as I'm done typing this message.

:seeya:

Registered
Those are the Sky "Q9Y" Special Edition Wheels. I have added them to my post #6. I'm going to post a new thread as soon as I'm done typing this message.

:seeya:
I'm amazed at how quickly you can find this obscure information!

Thanks again, Dave!

Yogi

AKA SolWhat?
According to Printbook the Q9Y wheels where also for the Solstice Street Edition Convertible
Correct, Solstice Q9Y wheels were standard on the 2009 Street Edition.

Sky Q9Y wheels were standard on the 2009 Hydro Blue Special Edition and the 2009 Ruby Red Special Edition.

Beware: Solstice and Sky Q9Y wheels are different part numbers and different wheels.

Registered

Yogi
I have 4 of the MB222 chrome dealer installed wheels. Never used still in the box. Anybody interested?

Premium Member
Anyone put the Sky version of the PD5 wheels on the Solstice? I'm curious if that looks better than the Solstice PD5s? And don't say they are the same wheel, I know better.

Registered
Anyone put the Sky version of the PD5 wheels on the Solstice? I'm curious if that looks better than the Solstice PD5s? And don't say they are the same wheel, I know better.
From the side view it doesn't make much difference which car it is on, the appearance is the same.

I prefer the parallel spokes to the splayed, and that isn't just because that's what I have.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts