Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added the GM Performance brake-fluid reservoir. I do not know what it will do. But after I race on Monday I will report back and let you know if it made a difference.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I added the GM Performance brake-fluid reservoir. I do not know what it will do. But after I race on Monday I will report back and let you know if it made a difference.
To me the bigger question is why would anyone spend money and time installing something they don't know the benefits of?

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
To me the bigger question is why would anyone spend money and time installing something they don't know the benefits of?
Like most of us haven't done a little of that... :leaving:

I believe that the extra capacity is able to allow the brake fluid to expand without boiling over.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
side by side pics would have been nice
how much more capacity yuh get ???

does the fluid in reservoir circulate ? or just sit there ???

after staring at mine friday for what seemed like forever i wonder why the lil bubbler tube is half way up the reservoir on the oem...... is it on the bottom or diff on this one ? i can't tell

do they make a "cooler" like oil cooler ? for this clutch brake fluid - would that help more ?

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was a gift that I received about a year ago. Since they will not take it back and I wanted to try and tackle the install myself...I decided to install it.

But thanks for your concern!

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
I assume bleeding the brakes isn't required?

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Like most of us haven't done a little of that... :leaving:

I believe that the extra capacity is able to allow the brake fluid to expand without boiling over.
I might have installed something not fully knowing what the extent of the modification would be (for instance the K&N CAI for the GXP), but I at least know *what* the modification was for.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Anybody know where I can get one of these? I'm getting sick of leaking fluid every track day! Thanks Dave
I know another autocrosser was just looking for this in the past month and had zero luck finding one. His issue ended up being a small crack in the cap. I'd suggest you check the cap out well, and perhaps just try a new one to see if it resolves the problem... especially if it's a leak. Make sure you're not too full either, that causes some issues as well.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I know another autocrosser was just looking for this in the past month and had zero luck finding one. His issue ended up being a small crack in the cap. I'd suggest you check the cap out well, and perhaps just try a new one to see if it resolves the problem... especially if it's a leak. Make sure you're not too full either, that causes some issues as well.
The master cylinder cap is vented, and the positioning of the stock one, at an angled face of the front of the unit results in some splashing out under heavy braking. Just a flaw in the design exposed by competition. Mine was doing that from new, and the GMPP one solved it.

FYI, before they offered the alternative reservoir, there was a machined adapter that acted as an extender, while still allowing the system to 'breathe.' Those aren't available, either, but it's something that you could get machined locally.

There's a picture on the first page of this thread: Brake reservoir "racing" cap

·
Premium Member
1,709 Posts
Part number appears to be 32067070-1, based on the photo.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts