Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
i own a 07 GXP manual car.
Since i like to have more power, i bought the GM performance kit (285hp?).

I understand to install this its needed to install a new software in the car?

The problem is: the car is in Germany, no Pontiac dealers around.
I try Opel Dealership, they use the Opel-GT-Programmer (Tech II) but it will not work with Pontiac ECM
since it is not licensed for Pontiac....

Last idea is, to send the ECM to USA to reprogram it.
Is this the way to go?

Thank you
Joe

·
Registered
398 Posts
Any GM dealer should be able to re flash your car.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Any GM dealer should be able to re flash your car.
Apparently not (if you read his post).

GTfastbacker, if you can get your money back on the GMPP, it will probably be far easier to go with a 3rd-party tune that you can flash yourself. Trifecta for example - or better still a European tuner of Opel GTs (same engine).

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
A few months ago I had my Solstice in for a repair on the camshaft sensor. When I picked the car up they told me they had noticed there was an update for the engine software, which they already had uploaded/installed.

So it seems like that Opel dealer was able to upload new engine software to a Pontiac.

This is their website - www.nefkens-gm.nl

It is an Opel dealer that also specializes in GM USA, like Cadillac and Chevy. I was able to locate this dealer via GM.

When I imported my Solstice I contacted GM Netherlands and asked them which dealer they recommended for servicing this car. They came up with two names and I checked out both by searching the web and visiting their workshops. Only one gave me a reliable feeling, that was Nefkens.

So if I where you I would first contact GM Deutschland.

There is also a company named Pro Car near Berlin. They have tuned many Solstice in the past. Just use Google to find them. But I have heard mixed stories on their quality / reliability.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you!

I will try nefken.

I am near by Pro Car but, how to say! Its complicated ;-) lol

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
not yet. got problems with clutch i have to solve first