Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday morning was very exciting for me. I got the call from my dealer that said that my order was being picked up and he needed to confirm everything. He felt that it would start soon and hopefully be delivered by the end of Sept. I was so excited, made my weekend. Said that the only thing was the wheels that were in low supply. I am deep with steel and sand... YES!!!!! Had to tell someone and this was the best place to tell and have folks understand my excitement. :cool:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Know how you feel. Just got picked up on 8/9. Good feeling, for my wife that is, since it's her car.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Are you guys one of the first 1000, or you regular production? Anyway congrats, and I hoping to get that call someday soon. :party:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not one of the 1000... regular production... live in Jersey and dealer is in Philly... his 1st 1000 customer's Sol was on it way to the dealership. He was almost as excited as I was. :)

·
Registered
369 Posts
Great!!! Ordered mine around April 22. Hope to hear from my dealer soon.

Pure/ with all the goodies. :)

Could I ask, when did you order yours?

G

·
jumpinjackflash,

When did you place your order and what number of the Dealer's allocation were you? I ordered mine on Saturday April 30th, and have not received the call yet.

Impatiently waiting :willy: :lol:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
BadAzSolstice said:
jumpinjackflash,

When did you place your order and what number of the Dealer's allocation were you? I ordered mine on Saturday April 30th, and have not received the call yet.

We are not first 1000, just first 4 month allocation. We placed our Dealer order the Saturday after the Apprenctice, what ever date that was, about 4:00 in the afternoon. At the time we were 3rd of 5 (or maybe 6) cars, but #2 dropped out the first week of August, so we became #2. Hope this helps.

G

·
Bonzo said:
We are not first 1000, just first 4 month allocation. We placed our Dealer order the Saturday after the Apprenctice, what ever date that was, about 4:00 in the afternoon. At the time we were 3rd of 5 (or maybe 6) cars, but #2 dropped out the first week of August, so we became #2. Hope this helps.

Thanks Bonzo. That is very good news. Your order would have been placed around April 16th or 23rd. I would guess the 16th. The real test will be to see if hersolstice has the order picked up next weekend. If so, then it gives an idea of how they are moving along. Thanks again Bonzo

I get much better information here than from my dealer. :lol:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
jumpinjackflash said:
Saturday morning was very exciting for me. I got the call from my dealer that said that my order was being picked up and he needed to confirm everything. He felt that it would start soon and hopefully be delivered by the end of Sept. I was so excited, made my weekend. Said that the only thing was the wheels that were in low supply. I am deep with steel and sand... YES!!!!! Had to tell someone and this was the best place to tell and have folks understand my excitement. :cool:
My car was picked up about 3 months ago, still have not heard anything. Getting very discouraged!

·
Registered
25 Posts
58MGA said:
Did your order include leather?
I had the Same good news on Saturday as well. My dealer called and said my order was accepted just as I ordered it. I had steel / sand leather and polished wheels. He told me not to expect it until Oct. or Nov. though. He said he would call this week with VIN. :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Me Tw0!!!!!!!!!!!! 1 k pure loaded in pa. no word of anykind! but happy for those who have recieved good info on theirs. but 1k customers were promised to be delivered st!!!

·
Registered
369 Posts
This all really sounds incouraging. Maybe we all might get them befor the first snowfall. :D

·
Registered
192 Posts
BadAzSolstice said:
jumpinjackflash,

My order was placed on the same date in Phx. I was orginally number 6 of the dealers 6 for his first allocation. I have since moved to position # 4, due to a couple who refused to wait.
Still waiting for a call here. I am still optomistic that I will get mine in late October.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think mine was picked up...

After many frustrating calls to my dealer, I got a call back and email stating that GM picked my order up. My dealer sent me an adobe file with my work order bench...not exactly sure but I think it's a copy of what is in GM's system. Anyway, my dealer thinks I should be getting it by Mid-October. I ordered my car on April 16th and am the 2-3rd of my dealer's regular allocation.

I would like to find out where my car is on the production line since but I'm not sure how. Anyone know??

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
novagrl82 said:
After many frustrating calls to my dealer, I got a call back and email stating that GM picked my order up. My dealer sent me an adobe file with my work order bench...not exactly sure but I think it's a copy of what is in GM's system. Anyway, my dealer thinks I should be getting it by Mid-October. I ordered my car on April 16th and am the 2-3rd of my dealer's regular allocation.

I would like to find out where my car is on the production line since but I'm not sure how. Anyone know??
You should have a 6 digit number on your Work Bench order. E-mail it to Cadillaccricket (his e-mail address is in his signature on every post he makes) and he can tell you the event code.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
novagrl82 said:

are you part of the first 1000?....it should be coded 2500 if it has been preferenced or picked up is my understanding...then into a 3000 series as it progresses......if not part of the first 1000 my guess would be Nov/Dec for delivery

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
novagrl,
try cadillacricket on here. I understand that he is a dealer and can sometimes find out this information. he has a regular thread, "find out where...." give him a try, can't hurt. I have been fortunate with my dealer but have a nice relationship with him... Sol not my first contact with him and we have known each other for a while.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts