Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GM announced today that about 30,000 workers will lose their jobs and about 9 plants will be closing. What impact, if any, will this have on the Solstice?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
None for the Solstice. The demand on the car is stronger than ANY other GM product.

I wouldl think that poor performers would be the ones recieving the axe. I am fairly certain that Pontiac should be safe regarding this set of closures. But until they give more details we are just guessing.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The big problem GM has is their role in the Delphi situation. They need to come out with their plan to defuse the ticking time bomb. Make no mistake, W/O GM intervention Delphi is headed for the nuclear strike option as soon as the bankruptcy judge voids Delphi's labor contracts. The Detroit Free Press reported this morning that the UAW has 1B dollars in their strike fund and could withstand an eight month strike. GM could be shut down in a week and bankrupt in three months. They need to address this looming crisis.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Cactus Jack said:
The big problem GM has is their role in the Delphi situation. They need to come out with their plan to defuse the ticking time bomb. Make no mistake, W/O GM intervention Delphi is headed for the nuclear strike option as soon as the bankruptcy judge voids Delphi's labor contracts. The Detroit Free Press reported this morning that the UAW has 1B dollars in their strike fund and could withstand an eight month strike. GM could be shut down in a week and bankrupt in three months. They need to address this looming crisis.
Yeah, my aunt works for Delphi in Michigan. She only has a couple of months before she retires, so they are sending here down here to the Shreveport GM plant to work for a few weeks, so she can finish. I thought that was weird.

·
Registered
92 Posts
BriBoop said:
Yeah, my aunt works for Delphi in Michigan. She only has a couple of months before she retires, so they are sending here down here to the Shreveport GM plant to work for a few weeks, so she can finish. I thought that was weird.
Your aunt had to request to transfer to GM. She could not have been transfered w/o her request.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Cactus Jack said:
Your aunt had to request to transfer to GM. She could not have been transfered w/o her request.
Oh certainly. I didn't mean to imply that. I meant that it was weird how it worked out so well for her. She gets to come live with her sister (my mom) for a few weeks. :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
BriBoop said:
Oh certainly. I didn't mean to imply that. I meant that it was weird how it worked out so well for her. She gets to come live with her sister (my mom) for a few weeks. :)
That's great, I'm happy she got what she wanted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.