Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been hearing rumors of this lately, that GMP is dumping huge money into making the 4t65-e capable of withstanding ~1000hp for the FWD ecotec crowd. im interested in this because it applies to my GTP and i was wondering if the components would be compatible with the L tranny in the solstice.

any accurate data on this sent my way will be GREATLY appreciated. i might even paypal ya a buck! :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
No it will not work.
The 4t65-e that they are mentioning is the real wheel drive version found in V6 f -bodies and the like.

I had not heard of any new developments for the FWD version of the 4t65-e or 4t65e-hd

Thrasher engineering can make a tranny to take anything you can throw at it, they were sponsored by GM for a while in development.

-K
(I own a 97 gtp and registered in Clubgp when the memebership numbers where only three digits, yeah, on of the old guys)

·
Registered
275 Posts
If it's RWD, then it is not a 4T65-E, it is a 4Lxxx (transverse vs longitudinal).

See Thrasher for the scoop on the 4T65 (electronic or non).

ps "Gong up in smoke" is bad for a reason and not just broken trrannys - max thrust is at about 40% slip.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the only rear drive 4t65 i know of is the one in the vette:wink

L or T, some internals must be the same. the thrasher tranny is not the solution i am looking for, besides MD doesnt reply to any attempts to contact him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts