Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
397 Posts
1004 MORE were built or 1004 TOTAL were built?

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
SD SOL said:
1004 MORE were built or 1004 TOTAL were built?
1004 in August it says. Looks like first 1000 is done being built :thumbs:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Still a mystery??

How can so many "make-to-order" cars be built without the customers & their prospective dealers not being informed (code 3300, code 3400, etc)??

·
Registered
105 Posts
code 3400

$$ISKING said:
How can so many "make-to-order" cars be built without the customers & their prospective dealers not being informed (code 3300, code 3400, etc)??
On another thread several zero zip orders (mine included) have gone to 3400 as of 8/29/05

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
$$ISKING said:
GM doesn't inform the dealers of anything. It's upto the dealer to check their orders.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Should only be what 2 months till I get mine? :)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Prediction......1000, zero zippers, free maintenance...DONE!

My prediction (based on some simplet facts) First 1000, Zero Zippers, Free Maintenance is complete! Allocation orders are in progress! :yesnod:

·
Registered
110 Posts
ntouched said:
My prediction (based on some simplet facts) First 1000, Zero Zippers, Free Maintenance is complete! Allocation orders are in progress! :yesnod:
Not sure about that as a gal in alabama just reported #776 was produced August 31st... :willy:

·
Registered
556 Posts
2nd Allocation Call From Dealer Today

Got a call this morning from my dealer to double check our 2nd allocation order to ensure all's correct. He indicated they should pick it up for production in the next couple of weeks. :yesnod: We were 4/7 in their 2nd allocation, a large dealer in Dallas.

Should be arriving just in time for some nice fall and winter weather in Big D.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Maybe they are building Solstices in Area 51 :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Karen1506 said:
Not sure about that as a gal in alabama just reported #776 was produced August 31st... :willy:
Takes a while for dealer system to get caught up maybe? Just a guess.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
jrdallas said:
Got a call this morning from my dealer to double check our 2nd allocation order to ensure all's correct. He indicated they should pick it up for production in the next couple of weeks. :yesnod: We were 4/7 in their 2nd allocation, a large dealer in Dallas.

Should be arriving just in time for some nice fall and winter weather in Big D.
Do you mean 2nd allocation, or the first allocation after the EOP cars? Because I don't think they've picked up all the 1st allocation cars yet, which I don't think they would even start 2nd allocation till then. I don't think we even know 2nd allocation numbers yet either.

·
Registered
49 Posts
manufacturer pickups

I am purportedly #8 and the prior seven have been picked up by gm prior to Aug. 15 or so. My question is: What would be a guess for manufacturing time and delivery for a July 5 order at dealer date? Is Dec. a wishfull whim?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am number 3 of 3 in first allocation and my order has not been picked up yet. It would seem very odd to me for half of a second allocation to already be picked up.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Agreed - 2 of 2 here and I'm not scheduled to get picked up until sometime this month. 2nd allocation pickups are very unlikely at this point.

·
Registered
201 Posts
SD SOL said:
Agreed - 2 of 2 here and I'm not scheduled to get picked up until sometime this month. 2nd allocation pickups are very unlikely at this point.
True, but within the first allocation, I think the smaller dealerships are getting the shaft here, as larger dealerships get thier orders filled quicker

So a dealership with 8 allocated might get their number 6 before a dealer with 2 allocated gets a single one...

I believe this was the case discussed a few months back...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.