Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the GM Supplier discount applies to the Solstice? I just realized my employer qualifies. Maybe Small Dealer can help me out?

·
5,641 Posts
naoki said:
Anyone know if the GM Supplier discount applies to the Solstice? I just realized my employer qualifies. Maybe Small Dealer can help me out?

The current supplier program is good on 2006 models. The Solstice is not one of the listed ineligible models in the program or the addendum. So therefore it should be eligible.

Now the tricky part, the Supplier Purchase Program is voluntary, so a dealer dosen't have to accept it. It could be hard to find a dealer willing to accept it. My guess is you would have to find a dealer with a medium to large allocation amount that dosen't have them all filled that might give up a spot to you to keep the flow of cars coming. Even then, they may push you back as other retail orders come in. No clue where and how you would find them though. Hopefully you have a Pontiac dealer that you have been using over the years, that would be open to a Supplier order. Good luck.

And as Kim posted, Supplier eligible buyers were not eligible for the 1000 First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order Solstices.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Small Dealer, when a dealer agrees to give someone the supplier discount, do they lose the money between msrp and supplier price? or is it shared with GM? My dealer won't give it to me. I think I'm going to arm wrestle him for it! :lol:

·
5,641 Posts
With any on the special purchase programs, GM Employee-Supplier-Dealership Employee, the amount between the program set selling price and MSRP is lost to the dealers.

GM does provide a small handling fee to the dealer that varies by program. But this pales is comparison to the amount a dealer would give up not selling at MSRP.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Small Dealer said:
With any on the special purchase programs, GM Employee-Supplier-Dealership Employee, the amount between the program set selling price and MSRP is lost to the dealers.

GM does provide a small handling fee to the dealer that varies by program. But this pales is comparison to the amount a dealer would give up not selling at MSRP.

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

Very true indeed, and not the knida info a dealer usually gives out, so kudos for being honest yet again, smalldealer.!!!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Wow, I'm surprised they don't give you dealers much on those programs. You would think they'd at least split the cost with you since all these sales come from their pool (employees, suppliers etc.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts