Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
The Pontiac Solstice roadster will be the first Kappa vehicle to go on sale that fall, followed by a convertible from Saturn in 2006. The sporty little Saturn will set the tone for the brand's move to compete with brands like Volkswagen and Honda by offering performance, rich interiors and European-influenced styling, GM sources say.

i guess this proves the saturn convertible whatever it is will be more in the 30,000 range

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
mstorace said:

...i guess this proves the saturn convertible whatever it is will be more in the 30,000 range

Don't see that conclusion at all. Maybe the Saturn is 8-10 thousand, and the Solstice is 20-25 thousand (total of around 30,000 for the platform).

The Saturn has a potential to help saturn's image, or the potential to be a footnote. Depends on a lot of things, but whether it follows curve styling or VX lightning styling (as has been rumored), it's bound to be a dividing type of style. The type that you either think its the coolest thing around or you think it's a passing fad, too aggressive, or just plain ugly.

The Solstice, while it has detractors (as does every sound design), tends toward a "uniting" design. Many people think it is beautiful, graceful, athletic, or stunning. Some think it is so-so, but very few think it's the ugliest thing around.

BTW, the Nomad seemed to be a dividing type of design - love it or hate/indifferent to it.

Ear to the ground soundings around here are total platform volumes (all Kappas) in the 30,000 range, with upper bounds in the 50,000 range. The rest of the article was speculation.

That, combined with Saturn's tendency to be a lamer version of a normal car with a strong, cult-like following, points to a volume ratio of 2:1 for Solstice vs. saturn OTAR (probable saturn lame naming scheme :smile , for Open-Top Aired Roadstering or something clueless like that).

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took the 30,000 as dollars not units as in the Saturn will be in $30,000 range to compete against Honda & VW? Kind of strange if true because the Saturn will be higher priced than Pontiac.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
:blush

My bad. Re-read the article, and agree, looks like they'll try to charge more for a Saturn.

Just hope they dont f**k up the handling to make it ride better. Or if they do, it doesn't bleed over into f**king up the handling for the Solstice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts