Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased the turbo upgrade Part #19212670 for my 09 GXP.
I called 2 dealerships in the west fort worth area and they told me they were not allowed to install this .
Does anyone know of a shop in the DFW area that does this install.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I have worked in dealerships for 15+ years. Most dealers won't install any parts brought in from the outside as they don't want to be responsible should they not work/fit or worse yet, cause damage to your vehicle. You're probably going to have to find a tune shop or someone you can trust to do the work for you, and then have them put the program in the ECM as well. Without the program, the car won't run....

·
Registered
457 Posts
These are GM parts. Many here, myself included, bought these online and had the dealer install them without issue. Call around; you will find a dealer that will do it. Be sure to make clear that it is GM. It hag been long enough they may no longer be familiar with it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
89 Posts
I accomplished the same as the Elder. I had Ed Morris GM dealership in Fort Lauderdale install and flash the computer for less than $160. I hand carried the Install kit to the service manager. You need to find a reputable GM dealership and illustrate that the install does not affect the warranty, (if any left). Maybe this will calm them down. Since this is a slightly older upgrade, they may have technicians that would rather say they can't do it as opposed I don't have the knowledge to accomplish your request!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank You for your input
I found the B&H Factory here in Fort Worth Texas
Chris and his guys are great .
Sorry for the late response I have been traveling most of this year .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank You for your help .
I found the B&H Factory here in Fort Worth
Chris and his guys are great to work with.
Sorry for the slow response I have been traveling abroad this year .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts