Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used a GM13SR interface kit to integrate a factory head unit with an after market Pioneer AVIC X940BT .Best Buy uses this in place of the GMOS LAN 04 the GM13SR is made b y Scosche?

·
Registered
350 Posts
I assume you have the monsoon radio system?

This looks like it is similar to the 04 cable which I used. The GMOS cables are tried and true, not sure about this nor why ir would not work. The site I looked at did not show the sky or solstice as a compatible vehicle but should wrok same as cobalt and malibu.

I do have a nearly new GMOS-LAN-04 cable if you are interested.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
GM13sr

Best Buy uses the Scosche product on these installs,cost of their cable is around $100.00 Amazon has this cable for $52.91,Best Buy will match that cost so what the hell sav around $50.00 on the cost of the cable.Also Best Buy will do all the wiring interface and head unit install for $125.00 kinda of thinking of letting them do that ,they want an additional $60. for the steering wheel interface install.Not sure but it may not be a bad idea to let them do that ,kinda want to do this myself.My luck something will happen when I do the install ,like a cable issue or the interface is dead in the box and I will still be without a radio.I will remove all the plastic dash so as to not have any hidden damage.

·
Registered
350 Posts
install is simple once the dash is apart. If you can remove the current radio, the rest is simple. Best buy has a great return policy. All the wiring is done outside the car, match the colored wires...i did mine in the house. Then its plug and play.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts