Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
PMed user GMCUSTOMERSVC forum user an email few weeks back asking if they could provide forum users info based on VIN # but never received reply. I see on some other car forum sites where manufacturers monitor forums that they are professional enough to help members with VIN info.

CompNine is back, but has implemented a charging system similar to what CarFax/Autocheck uses.

·
Administrator
9,254 Posts
Try sending a private message.

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I edited if from "Contacted" to PM, but yeah, I PMed them first, no response.

At the GMInsideNews.com site there's a GMCustomerSvc rep who provides VIN info to forum members.

Post #642
Re: The GMI VIN# build sheet thread
This thread was just brought to my attention today, and I'm happy to provide the build sheet (option codes) for any GM vehicle you're considering! If anyone in the future would like the list of option codes, don't hesitate to send me a private message on the forum that includes the last eight of its VIN.

RVJ, I will send you a private message containing that information shortly!

Best,

Katie
GM Customer Service

The hope was GM rep who monitors this forum would help forum members too since since CompNine now charges for service.

·
Registered
433 Posts
We are always here to help. If you need a build sheet or warranty info, please PM us with your information and we'd be more than happy to help anytime!

Thank you,
Sara (Assisting Matt)
GM Customer Service

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Matt from GM Customer Service helped me out with my car last year and got me back a big refund check from the dealership I went to. ChopTop, if the GM rep does not respond to your PM, just keep trying. Remember, they are very busy and will get back to you eventually.

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PM was responded to. Primarily started this thread to help current and future owners.

Now if only I could convince GM to provide replica window stickers...

The 09s is framed and displayed in the garage, would like to do the same with the 06s, but that was purchased used and original owner didn't keep or give it to us.

In a way, enthusiasts are altruistic attempting to help GM keep their own history alive. ;)

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
GMCustomerSVC acknowledged my email and I was notified that they could provide forum users with VIN information. Thank you, GMCustomerSVC. :thumbs:

As more and more Kappa users come and go I believe people will want to know how their vehicles were built from the factory (considering how many folks like to modify them) and for documentation and historic purposes.

The CompNine site has now implemented a VIN fee structure. Personal accounts are $5 a month for 50 VINs or $7 a month for 70 VINs.

Business Account are $25 a month (for up to 15 users) and allow 300 VIN searches, a Premium Account is $55 a month for 1,000 VIN searches (for up to 30 users)

CompNine does also offer a Free Trial; however you have to first sign up for a fee package, enter the VIN you want information on and then remember to cancel within a week; otherwise you will be billed (based on the package chosen) on a monthly basis.

·
Registered
292 Posts
GM C/S Has been great
Thank You for the call.
Matt and all,
LLLFLY

1 - 11 of 11 Posts