Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GM Family Member,

I'm hoping to receive a GMID authorization # asap for a neighbor of mine. His birthdate is 10-11-49 & the last four of his social is 1710. Here is my story.

I am a GM Family member of a Canadian retiree. We buy several GMS vehicles every year. I have read about & talked about the GMID program to many friends & neighbors & now have someone who wants to make a purchase.

I had my father-in-law (Canadian retiree) call GM this morning to get an authorization & he was told this program is only for Americans - no Canadians qualify to refer friends or neighbors.

My neighbor is all excited about his new Yukon - he test drove it last night & is now just waiting for me to get the authorization #. I either have to track down someone who can help me get him a GMID # or call & eat crow - I really don't want to let the neighbor down as he always always always buys German cars & I truly want him to get the GM, love it, & turn his other non-GM family members toward GM products.

Please call me if you wish to discuss further. If its long distance, I call you back on my dime.

I can get you all information from my neighbor to help you with the $100 Ambassador 2 referral.

Thanks in advance for your help!

USA (Chris)
805.208.3219 - Cellular

PS - Still loving my Solstice - I still haven't seen another one on the road in Ventura County, but I know they are out here. Its worth the wait!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I can not help with the retiree plan, however, I can help with the GM Beleiver plan . I am an employee at GM in Windsor and can send you info regarding this. He can not be eligible for the GM employee discount and must own/drive a competitor vehicle. I am not sure of all the details off hand but can get you more info if this works.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't heard of the Believer plan, but certainly would like to know more about it.

I am in California, but my GM family is in Canada - I didn't know we had different rules or programs since our GMS family plan applies in the US or Canada.

Anyway, I need an American family member or retiree to get a GM in the Driveway referall authorization # unless there is some Canadian plan which allows me to refer an American this benefit.

Anything you know that can help is appreciated.

Thanks,

USA

·
Registered
74 Posts
The GM Believer plan is available until Dec 30, 2005. It is only available in Canada. It was given to GM employees to make "believers" out of others. The criteria besides being Canadian is that the prospect must either own a competitor's vehicle or never have owned a new GM product. These referral coupons are worth $1000 Can. From my experience I would imagine this is also not applicable to the purchase of the Solstice (refer to my past posts).
Sorry I could not be of help in this matter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts