Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
GMlinedog, could you tell me how long does it take a car from start to finish to be in production? Pontiac support is telling me my car is still in production from last thursday or friday. Is this posible? I think I'm getting the run around !!

:brentil: :brentil:

·
Registered
199 Posts
8 hours for 1 Sol...GM runs such a efficient operation :lol:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anticd70 said:
8 hours for 1 Sol...GM runs such a efficient operation :lol:
So how could mine be still in production? They told me on thursday or friday it was being made as we speak. I'm really getting ticked off, Ready to go buy a crossfire.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
The system doesn't get updated on the fly I believe. You've gotta waut for the data to trickle from place to place to get all the databases updated.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Doesn't each car spend something like 27 hours going through the line? Not sure, but I thought that's what I heard somewhere.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
SlySol said:
Doesn't each car spend something like 27 hours going through the line? Not sure, but I thought that's what I heard somewhere.
:agree: Yeah, I think I remember hearing something like 27 hours as well. So if your car started down the line late Thursday, it could take them until today to finish it, since 27 hours would take slightly more than 3 shifts to be completed.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dengel said:
:agree: Yeah, I think I remember hearing something like 27 hours as well. So if your car started down the line late Thursday, it could take them until today to finish it, since 27 hours would take slightly more than 3 shifts to be completed.
Well, I guess there is still hope. But I really hope you hear something dengel soon !!You've been so positive about the whole ordeal.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
dengel said:
right not consecutive hours.

·
Registered
819 Posts
hondo said:
Who do you call to get build/delivery info ?
The first place to start that process is calling your dealer. They are the first interface for data of that type.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
:agree: We want the plant building cars not wasting time answering the phone. ;)

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
crawdadsolstice said:
The first place to start that process is calling your dealer. They are the first interface for data of that type.
My dealer doesn't know anything usually, so I call pontiac support. And get more info from them. At least they told me my car was being made as we speak. What good does it do me to know that, I don't know, but at least it made me feel a little at ease.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts