Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GMlinedog it was posted last weeks production was I believe 318 ,so since they started in july with production cars, it should be around 900 cars built.Last Thursday or Friday I believe you stated vin numbers for first 1000 were up to around 750, where are the other 150 cars?? You would think the sold cars would be there priority cars to make. I'm suppose to be priority zero zip car but still at 3000. Doesn't seem right.I guess I'll see if I get mine right after first 1000 like they promised. But I see regular allocation are coded higher then mine. Why would that be?

Getting very disgusted with this whole ordeal. This will probably be the last GM car that I'll buy.

Thanks GMlinedog for any info. And thank you cricket for all your doing to get people answers!

Zero/zipper in CT.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Not sure here - but there are a lot of reasons the numbers might not match up exactly (and probably never will :yesnod: ).

One thing may be additional test vehicles - I think it was pretty well established that there have been some more built since F1k cars went into production.

Another problem is several sources for these numbers, there is no guarantee that everyone is counting the same car as 'produced'.

·
Registered
141 Posts
What's wrong with this math?

1600 cars built, 16 delivered to paying customers !!!

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
$$ISKING said:
consider that only 15% of the F1k owners are on this forum at the moment...and remember...not all 1600 cars are production models..also "the list" shows about 200 vins known......so we are talking about 20% of the total 1000..........looks like about half or less of those 1600 are true production models.....but still agree delivery seems slow..wonder how my GM execs got to drive one.....or got to keep one for any period of time....

·
Registered
177 Posts
PAO said:
consider that only 15% of the F1k owners are on this forum at the moment...and remember...not all 1600 cars are production models..also "the list" shows about 200 vins known......so we are talking about 20% of the total 1000..........looks like about half or less of those 1600 are true production models.....but still agree delivery seems slow..wonder how my GM execs got to drive one.....or got to keep one for any period of time....
Lets take a poll on the execs. :lol:

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
$$ISKING said:
OK, take a deep breath. Run a search for SmallDealers estimates on how long it takes from the time the car actually leaves the factory to when it arrives at you dealer. This was from about early June I think but if my memory hasn't left completely, the minimum was two weeks and the average was more than three. Add to that what appears to be roughly a week sitting on the back lot waiting to be signed off by all the quality assurance technicians (provided they don't find a problem). So we're looking at a car that was actually built the end of July arriving sometime this week. That month may seem like a year, but just keep saying over and over, "It'll get here when it gets here. It'll get here when it gets here....."

·
Registered
397 Posts
Yes - and let's not forget the "quality issues" delaying the release of some of the vehicles with two-tone interiors.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Gmlinedog said:
I dont know where the 1600 cars come from. My count is around 1450 as of friday.
Does that mean all of the F1k are done?

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Gmlinedog said:
I dont know where the 1600 cars come from. My count is around 1450 as of friday.
since Reg. first production has started, I thing the 2 nd week of july there is a post keeping up with production for the weeks. And since 7/15 I believe it's 900 to date. but only 700 with vins for the first thousand as of last thursday or friday you (GMlinedog) reported in a thread, so where are the other 150 ? What are they for?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Gmlinedog said:
GML - can you tell/imply, etc... how the quality fixes are going with the 2-tone interiors? I drove by the plant Sat., and noiced a few Deep's in the bay - looked like tehy were working on them, so I'm curious how progress is for the quality checks - what rate are they being completed?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.