Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems to me that the first 1000 cars were very carefully built to make sure the quality was there. Does anybody think this will continue until they are all built or will things start being overlooked?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Just the opposite

spyderone said:
It seems to me that the first 1000 cars were very carefully built to make sure the quality was there. Does anybody think this will continue until they are all built or will things start being overlooked?
"The more they build - the more they know"& can integrate additionals checks into the process. Reworked product is very costly, time consuming & usually doesn't produce the best product. Quite honestly, I'm VERY happy to get a
2nd K car!!!!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$$ISKING said:
"The more they build - the more they know"& can integrate additionals checks into the process. Reworked product is very costly, time consuming & usually doesn't produce the best product. Quite honestly, I'm VERY happy to get a
2nd K car!!!!!
I agree with you. That was one of the reasons I did not want a first 1000 was due to possible quality issues. I wanted them to be able to work the bugs out, but it seems it has taken quite some time to build the first 1000. I understand and appreciate that it will take some time to build up the line speed and I hope when they do things aren't overlooked. I would think as they increase the line speed things will get easier.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
spyderone said:
I agree with you. That was one of the reasons I did not want a first 1000 was due to possible quality issues. I wanted them to be able to work the bugs out, but it seems it has taken quite some time to build the first 1000. I understand and appreciate that it will take some time to build up the line speed and I hope when they do things aren't overlooked. I would think as they increase the line speed things will get easier.
You did'nt want a 1st 1000? I do'nt think so.

·
Registered
397 Posts
SCISOLSTICE said:
Nope - me neither, for the same reasons. The whole "special 1000 plaque" thing wasn't important to me and besides, I'm nervous enough buying a first year, sight-unseen car as it is!

Sure it would be nice to have had the car earlier, but hey - I was originally told I should have it by September anyway!! :glol:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SCISOLSTICE said:
Why is it so hard to believe someone didn't want a first 1000? I did not want a 1st 1000. This is a first year model and a new model and I was concerned about quality, so I thought I would wait until some were already built. I had a number from The Apprentice, but never went to the dealer to order. As far as getting it early I am #1 of 4 in the first allocation.

·
Registered
511 Posts
spyderone said:
Why is it so hard to believe someone didn't want a first 1000? I did not want a 1st 1000. This is a first year model and a new model and I was concerned about quality, so I thought I would wait until some were already built. I had a number from The Apprentice, but never went to the dealer to order. As far as getting it early I am #1 of 4 in the first allocation.
If thay would have sold Pre-Production Cars
I would have taken one.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Andrew Jackson said:
If thay would have sold Pre-Production Cars
I would have taken one.
They could have just leased them to us for the summer! ;)

·
Registered
479 Posts
I can believe some folks were hesitant, and I appreciate that, because maybe I wouldn't have received mine if they had be trying to get a 1K.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts