Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gmlinedog,

I'm not sure if you've illuded to what part of the production line you work on, but is there anything you do differently than the guys who work your position on the other shift(s)? Any sort of way the dawg marks his territory? I would love to be able to look over my car when I get it and find a subtle mark somewhere so I would be able to say "this one was built on Gmlinedog's shift!"

Is there anything we can look for to determine that it was touched by the hands of a forum member during assembly? (other than perfection, that is ;))
Maybe a special mark on one of the fender liners? A notch in the battery box cover? A fuse installed upside-down in one of the fuseboxes? Anything?

A special request... according to "the system" mine was targeted for production last week. Not sure if it ran the line yet. If you see a fairly heavily-optioned Deep car come through WITHOUT ABS or an upgraded stereo of any sort, maybe grab a sharpie and put your 'John Hancock' on it somewhere. Thanks! :thumbs:

·
Registered
182 Posts
2KWK4U said:
Gmlinedog,

I'm not sure if you've illuded to what part of the production line you work on, but is there anything you do differently than the guys who work your position on the other shift(s)? Any sort of way the dawg marks his territory? I would love to be able to look over my car when I get it and find a subtle mark somewhere so I would be able to say "this one was built on Gmlinedog's shift!"

Is there anything we can look for to determine that it was touched by the hands of a forum member during assembly? (other than perfection, that is ;))
Maybe a special mark on one of the fender liners? A notch in the battery box cover? A fuse installed upside-down in one of the fuseboxes? Anything?

A special request... according to "the system" mine was targeted for production last week. Not sure if it ran the line yet. If you see a fairly heavily-optioned Deep car come through WITHOUT ABS or an upgraded stereo of any sort, maybe grab a sharpie and put your 'John Hancock' on it somewhere. Thanks! :thumbs:
Just like my car except I have the ABS & Monsoon, same TPW too!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Excelsior is right. Since I am in bodyshop it would be painted over. BUT- I do take walks out to the yard with a sharpie to look for cars at times. IF and its a big IF,I KNEW THE VIN AND COULD FIND IT I would .

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gmlinedog said:
Excelsior is right. Since I am in bodyshop it would be painted over. BUT- I do take walks out to the yard with a sharpie to look for cars at times. IF and its a big IF,I KNEW THE VIN AND COULD FIND IT I would .
As soon as I know the VIN, I'll pop it up here. Heck, if you work on the bodies before they see paint, maybe you could etch your mark inside the hood or decklid on one of the support beams. Those are all eventually covered up with trim anyway, right? (heat/sound insulation under the hood, and a carpeted panel on the underside of the decklid). The only people who would know to even look for it would be forum members... though just the fact that I'm posting the idea here makes it public, huh?

Bah! Forget I said anything!

Ya know, I might have met you the day of the local 436 car show at the plant this spring. I'm almost certain I saw your car - or at least one like the one in your avatar, if I'm not mistaken ('79, no?) - in the parking lot, and thinking it should be over in the display area. Were you there that day? Maybe hanging around the Envious car answering the hoardes of questions that were coming in about the car. I know there was one gentleman fielding questions there who said he works in the body shop.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Gmlinedog said:
If you stumble upon #937, you're more than welcome to put your sig under the under my hood. Same would go for any other workers at the factory. You guys and gals are doing an awesome job and should definitely sign this beautiful piece of art you are putting together!

·
Premium Member
2,336 Posts
GMLinedog, please look for 781 and give me a sign if you can.
Thanks

·
Registered
229 Posts
just sign all of the cars :) I would love to have my car signed by the people that built it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
maybe pontiac should have taken an idea from Panoz. they have a plaque installed under the hood with all the workers signatures engraved on it, as well as a name plate for the car. i just saw this on made in america with john r.

·
Registered
31 Posts
GMlinedog - you're going to be busy signing all these cars.

Maybe we could all chip in and get you a Dremel tool! ;)

What initials are you going to use? GMLD?

·
Registered
369 Posts
GMLD, can you get your hands on the owners manual and sign that?

·
Registered
753 Posts
gmlinedog-
i am a 'cool' silver with ebony leather and polished wheels. VIN # 549. it is cleared for shipment so it could be gone already, but if you can find it tag it under the hood or under the rear clamshell. that would be sweet.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
OBXSOL said:
maybe pontiac should have taken an idea from Panoz. they have a plaque installed under the hood with all the workers signatures engraved on it, as well as a name plate for the car. i just saw this on made in america with john r.
Me too. I was thinking the same thing.

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
I and others made this request about a month ago or more and never got an answer, I was hoping to get a surprise once I got my car, but based on this thread it those not look like it happened.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
GMlinedog, just drop a 1/16th inch socket into one of the doors! Then he will know you touched his car at the plant every time he gets in or out, or hits a bump! :glol:

:jester: J/K of course!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Hey, it could be a special custom version next MY. The Linedog Signature Series. You get his signature hidden someplace on the car (kind like where's Waldo) and a certificate of authenticity signed by the Linedog himself. It would be far more valuable than one of the 1st 1k! :cool:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Your Signature more than welcome

Gmlinedog,
I would feel honored to have your signature on my car. You can bet when it finally arrives I will be looking. :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
I'll be looking over #726, that's 7-2-6, for any "Kilroy was here" by GMlinedog.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.