Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
GM Europe part numbers for the larger reservoir. # 93172093 is for a right hand drive car and part # 93172092 is for left hand drive cars.

I found this on eBay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-Saab-9-3-2003-2011-Brake-Master-Cylinder-Reservoirv-Genuine-93172092-/112421725582?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c1#viTabs_0

There is no picture but the number is correct. There are several listings.
look at the attachments and ponder this... which part # is correct, 92 or 93?
Bill

Attachments

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
did a quick search over here.
Found a few in The Netherlands and German.
Limited stock though (1 or 2)
Price : +- 80$
I'll contact my Opel dealer tomorrow, in Belgium. See if they're still available.

But.... I'm not making a trip to the US :wink:

(unless somebody invites me :) )

Pepolleke

·
Registered
903 Posts
did a quick search over here.
Found a few in The Netherlands and German.
Limited stock though (1 or 2)
Price : +- 80$
I'll contact my Opel dealer tomorrow, in Belgium. See if they're still available.

But.... I'm not making a trip to the US :wink:

(unless somebody invites me :) )

Pepolleke
thank you...
Bill

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Anyone look at the attachment I posted???

With all the discussion, it appears no one read the last post I made on this subject or took a hard look at the parts illustration and part numbers in the attachment. The answers are there (with part numbers) and it shows the difference between the RHD (GMPP) and the LHD reservoirs looking at them in detail, not some oblique image from the performance book. Now if we can find the reservoir still available...I'm betting it is.

Anything I've found on eBay is from sellers who won't sell or ship to the US and damned if I'll pay unobtanium prices for used unknowns.

Lets see where this goes. Here's to our contacts in Europe.

Richard Snipes

Attachments

·
Registered
325 Posts
If shipping to individuals from Europe is cost prohibitive, we could have one person in the US receive a case or whatever we need and he can redistribute them. Should get a volume discount.

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
Wrong reservoir. Please check illustration and part numbers I posted... The GMPP, and correct Saab, Vauxhall, Opel part number is 93172093 (RHD) Getting the other is no problem as it's for LHD.

Thanks, Richard

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,234 Posts
our cars are LHD
Bill
Ignore the LHD or RHD issue. The TSB specs the needed part number as .......93172093

I suppose it is possible that the TSB is incorrect, but I'd take a chance on it. After all, we are looking for a part that is used on another now non-GM automobile for retro fitting to our Solstice/Sky for racing purposes. Has anyone checked with Phoenix Performance or Go4it Racing?

https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/964181-post3.html

:dunno:

·
Premium Member
61 Posts

Opel Europe : 20 available; they confirmed its for LHD. Price (strealerhip :frown2:) $ 118, taxes included. If I order them through my company, I get a discount on the sales price.
Don't know exactly how much.

Saab Sweden : 26 available, price = already discounted $ 65

No shipping cost in Belgium 'cause I can pick them up locally.

No idea about shipping freights to US.

Pepolleke

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
well Wahoo...

Excellent... and Dave OC read the information, all of it, correctly. For our purpose RHD/LHD is irrelevant and merely clouds the issue. It's the part number and the physical description that makes the difference. Once again it is 93172093. This is why I was so pleased to find the parts illustration which clearly shows what we are looking for. Now to decide and see if we can get the reservoir, cap and brake cylinder to brake reservoir plugs. If you order one please post the results.

Note...parts information says cap (cover assembly #18 in illustration) is no longer serviced and to use p/n 93189060. I hope it is available.

Many thanks to RedOne07.

Richard Snipes

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
What do you need?

In the earlier attached parts illustration pdf, to make this complete, as I understand it, you need the (reservoir cap) cover assembly (18)...the 93189060, and to make it new all the way, the two plugs brake cylinder to brake reservoir 90509681 and the screw, brake fluid reservoir, p/n 93170487.

The cap is available here in the US and the plugs and screw seem to only come as part of the replacement reservoir "kit" that includes a new stock reservoir (ACDelco/GM). I think I'll speak with my local parts guy and see if those can be ordered separately, as the kit is $30+ dollars but if you don't like the set up you have a shiny new stock reservoir.. Might be able to easily reuse the "screw" but I have doubts about 10+ year old "plugs" and the possibility of cracking one doing the change out would not be nice. I see ones that appear to be and probably are the same but not the same part number. I think there's potential to do this under $100.00 total for the 93172093 and related pieces.

Time to find out.

Richard

21 - 40 of 52 Posts