Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
I just ordered both the cap and the reservoir, separately.

Shrug. I've already got 20 parts sitting here that I haven't had the time to install, so why not?

In a perfect world, the new cap will fit on the stock reservoir and solve the splashing issue. Otherwise, guess I'll install both.

Also, @wmf246 - thanks very much for the site link! BUT, that doesn't link to the product page.

See:

Brake Fluid Res - Saab (93172093)

and

Reservoir Cap - Saab (93189060)

... and Richard posted something about screws. :)

·
Registered
903 Posts
I just ordered both the cap and the reservoir, separately.

Shrug. I've already got 20 parts sitting here that I haven't had the time to install, so why not?

In a perfect world, the new cap will fit on the stock reservoir and solve the splashing issue. Otherwise, guess I'll install both.

Also, @wmf246 - thanks very much for the site link! BUT, that doesn't link to the product page.

See:

Brake Fluid Res - Saab (93172093)

and

Reservoir Cap - Saab (93189060)

... and Richard posted something about screws. :)
:frown2: sorry, I didn't check the link, but at least it got you to the site :grin:

i don't know if the stock cap will fit. I thought I had read somewhere that the cap came with one, so it will be interesting to see if they contact me or just cancel or just send it anyway.

like you, this is just an itch to scratch and i'm really not sure what parts are reusable or what else i will really need or if i will ever do it :dunno:

Bill

OH CRAP... UPDATE.... EVEN THOUGH THE SAAB DEALER'S PARTS BOOK LISTED THE PART, IT IS "NOT" AVAILABLE THROUGH THEM AND THEIR WAREHOUSE DOESN'T LIST THEM so, the hunt goes on....

Bill

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
Yes - the link is much appreciated. I couldn't find the parts at all before seeing this. Having multiple part numbers for what is apparently the same thing also made it a challenge to find.

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
... and the vendor just emailed me back. Apparently the parts are, in fact, "no longer available."

No shock there. :/

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Awaiting confirmation...

If you read my posts you will see ALL the parts you need to make this work IF you can get the ...93 reservoir. As soon as I have concrete information AND photographs of something in MY hands, I will post what I find out to be real. Please, feel free to jump the gun on this. We are traveling back in time to the age of GMPP and Pontiac.. The Delorean awaits.

Richard Snipes

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
2/22/2019 Update...It is available and in hand

It's Alive! and it is real. Just got confirmation the 93172093 brake reservoir, (GMPP piece) is available and I have one on the way to me as I type this. Notice the attached photos. It comes complete with the reservoir, new heavy cap, fluid level installed and two new grommets.

There is also a billet aluminum cap available to complete the "look". https://www.esaabparts.com/search.php?textsearch=Brake+Fluid+Cap

I'm going to state the contact information as we often say something is available at...(like Crate Engine Depot, Amazon, etc.) and may not be a forum sponsor. If this is wrong, just let me know and why, please. I've been working on this for a long time and it is good to get an affirmative source.
Contact Matt at [email protected], phone 855-939-7222. Let him know you found the info on the Solstice Forum. You can mention my name if you wish. He has been very good to work with me on this quest.

Notice in the photos this is a genuine GM Europe part. This is as good as it gets. Love that Delorean!

Richard Snipes

Attachments

·
Registered
903 Posts
contacted the vendor by email and he said he had one left in stock (which I ordered, but i'll be damned if I know what i'm gonna do with it; an itch to be scratched I guess.....)

he said more were coming soon

total cost to me with shipping, tax was $64.49

Bill

·
Registered
903 Posts
just received an email, the reservoirs have arrived from Sweden and will be shipped out this coming week
Bill

41 - 52 of 52 Posts