Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK so I installed the GM Performance Parts Intake, I am noticing a sound change, but doesn't sound like the change I had before when I did the G6...

So right now under acceleration, the engine is LOUD. It almost sound as if I had an exhaust, almost like a drone noise. Is it supposed to drone like that or did I install something incorrectly?

I do like that sound though... :D

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it's only really loud when I floor it, so I think I can live with that. Growl on demand. :p

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
not only is the stock air box to house the filter - it is also to muffle th aire being sucked through the throttle body... with the air box removed and a CAI installed, you are hearing the whoooooosing of air being sucked into the engine... was a little odd for me at first. Changed mine out when I installed the SC.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh I understood what that is. I did the same mod on my G6 back then, taking out the resonator and finally installing a short ram later on. Just that the difference is night and day compared to the G6...

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your g6 is missing a turbo, when you have a compressor wheel spinning at 100,000 rpm the metal intake is going to amplify its sound.
My Solstice doesn't have a turbo either. ;)

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's how it's supposed to sound, was york G6 a v6? That will make a difference.
Yep, the good ol' 3.5L 60 degree V6 with a self-destricting head gasket.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts