Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my CrateEngine GMPP turbo kit installed by my local (Norwood, Ma) Chevy dealer. They charged me for 2 hours($210.00) labor. That seemed fair. My boost went from a max of 15 to 21psi. Is that the normal range? Did I also see on the forum that it takes several driving cycles to get the full impact of the tune? The third time out this weekend seemed the strongest. Don't know if it's my imagination or not. But it is fun to drive!!:yesnod:

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Two hours seems excessive to me, but too late now.

As for the PSI and cycles, yes to both.

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
My charge was $79 due to the Michigan Kappa Club worked out an arrangement with a local dealership (Thanks MKC:thumbs:). I too had bought my GMPP from Crate Engine Depot but the dealership couldn't get the CED GMPP part number assigned to the kit to validate in their computer. So the tech had to spend over 4 hours attempting to get a hold of GM to get a new kit number assigned that the dealerships computer would accept. Still only paid $79. Boost was mid-teens before GMPP, and hitting low 20s after wards.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I had my CrateEngine GMPP turbo kit installed by my local (Norwood, Ma) Chevy dealer. They charged me for 2 hours($210.00) labor. That seemed fair. My boost went from a max of 15 to 21psi. Is that the normal range? Did I also see on the forum that it takes several driving cycles to get the full impact of the tune? The third time out this weekend seemed the strongest. Don't know if it's my imagination or not. But it is fun to drive!!:yesnod:
Hey there bweb,

I am happy to hear that you were able to get the GMPP turbo kit installed. Have a blast driving!

Safe travels,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
245 Posts
I noticed the difference right away. Dealership charged 1.5hr for the tune & cooling flush. (I installed the sensors) I'm thinking the dealership put in the necessary key cycles. Max boost of 23psi:) Power band at lower rpm as well!

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
With the plug and play harness it should only take 15 mins to do the actual install on a Kappa. The download will take longer than the install if the tech has done the install before.
As for the code not working GM did have a couple of duplicate codes out there but I haven't seen that problem I a very long time.

bweb sounds like ur boosting just fine now.
Enjoy and Thank everyone for your business.

·
Registered
221 Posts
21 psi is what I'm getting with mine. There was more torque off the line but I try to ease into it ( I don't like going up it smoke). It is really noticeable in 2nd and 3rd.

·
Registered
8 Posts
21 psi is what I'm getting with mine. There was more torque off the line but I try to ease into it ( I don't like going up it smoke). It is really noticeable in 2nd and 3rd.
How would one find out if your GXP had the GMPP upgrade? I believe we have seen a boost of about 20 psi on occasion. Bought the car in March from original owner. He was not very knowledgeable about the car (didn't know there was a trunk release in the glove box for ex.) and was not at all mechanically or electronically inclined when I asked him specific questions about equipment on the car. I could see him opting for the tune originally though. It's a 5 speed with 29k miles.
Thanks

·
Registered
564 Posts
How would one find out if your GXP had the GMPP upgrade? I believe we have seen a boost of about 20 psi on occasion. Bought the car in March from original owner. He was not very knowledgeable about the car (didn't know there was a trunk release in the glove box for ex.) and was not at all mechanically or electronically inclined when I asked him specific questions about equipment on the car. I could see him opting for the tune originally though. It's a 5 speed with 29k miles.
Thanks

See post numero Three By Tomatosoup

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f63/do-i-have-gmpp-tune-my-gxp-70989/

Bert

1 - 10 of 10 Posts