Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer said that the GM employee discount will not be accepted on the Solstice at all. Not the EOP or regular orders.

Also he said no go on any GM card points or anything like that.

Is this all true?

·
5,641 Posts
The only infomation that I have seen concerns those plans (GM Employee which is GMS and GM card) not being available on the EOP 1000 first 1000 cars. Nothing is known on what will happen for regular production. For example currently there are no 2006 models listed on the New GM Card earnings redemption limit chart. You dealer may have talked to people so he may have a line on info, but nothing official has been released to dealears

As we get closer to regular ordering and build more will be know. Keep an eye out here. Or at www.gmcard.com or www.gmfamilyfirst.com

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
From various things I've posted I'm fairly 100% certain GM will offer GM Card points on the Solstice. However GM Card points are not available on the first 1000 EOP cars.

·
Registered
32 Posts
GM earnings were promised to me

I received a response in writing (email) from Alison Fritzius, Customer Relationship Manager, GM Cardmember Services Redemption Center stating, "Once the Solstice becomes available you can use the total amount of Earnings toward the vehicle..." I am in the 1,000 and have $3525 in Earnings I plan to use on this car, when my "Solstice becomes available". Have been waiting 9 years for a decent GM car and hope that Alison can keep her promise.
TR6

·
5,641 Posts
TR6 said:
I received a response in writing (email) from Alison Fritzius, Customer Relationship Manager, GM Cardmember Services Redemption Center stating, "Once the Solstice becomes available you can use the total amount of Earnings toward the vehicle..." I am in the 1,000 and have $3525 in Earnings I plan to use on this car, when my "Solstice becomes available". Have been waiting 9 years for a decent GM car and hope that Alison can keep her promise.
TR6
Welcome. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but dealer rules list the GM Card earnings as being not available on the 1000 first 1000 EOP Solstice orders. When the EOP headquarters calls to verify your eligibility, ask them for clarification. I have cut & pasted the info for you.

"14. Incentive/Allowance Programs:
None. The first 1,000 exclusive retail orders under this program are not eligible for any retail, Dealer or fleet incentives or allowances of any kind, or for purchase or lease under the GM Employee Purchase Programs (including GMO, GMS, EVP and PEP), the Supplier Purchase Program, Driver Education Program, GM Dealership Employee Purchase Program, GM Enhanced Dealership Employee Program or GM Tourist Policy. In addition, retired employee vouchers, Customer Assistance Center Goodwill certificates, and GM Card points may not be used toward the purchase or lease of one of the first 1,000 exclusive retail orders."

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
TR6 said:
TR6
Also I believe what they were saying by becoming available they're implying post EOP 1000 cars. Because technically those aren't "available" to normal buyers, they were a special contest version.

·
Registered
133 Posts
To clarify and take another swipe at that old dead horse, no GM dollars on EOP First 1000 cars. Use as many as you like on regular production vehicles. (for now)

GM will have GMS and Supplier pricing schedules for regular production Solstices, but it will be up to each dealer individually as to whether or not they sell the car on those plans. Most will not, but you may find a few in the areas densely populated by GM employees and Supplier companies who will honor those prices. Best of luck.

·
5,641 Posts
Breeze said:
To clarify and take another swipe at that old dead horse, no GM dollars on EOP First 1000 cars. Use as many as you like on regular production vehicles. (for now)
I saw the horse move, it is not dead. :)

GM Card:

Original Blue/Gold cards. The current prgram runs through September 30, 2005 (Its traditional yearly model year end date). These cards have limited yearly earnings but unlimited redemptions. All 2006 Pontiac models are currently eligible. Exception, the rules for the EOP make the 1000 First 1000 EOP Solstices ineligible.

New GM Card (Copper)/Platinum/Check Cards. The current program also runs through September 30, 2005. These cards have unlimited yearly earnings but have redemption limits which vary by car/truck. Currently no 2006 models are eligible. Any eligible 2006 models will be announced later.

GM Business Cards. All 2006 Pontiac models are cuurently eligible thru program end, September 30, 2005. Again the 1000 First 1000 EOP Solstices are ineligible by program rules.

GM Extended Family Card. All 2006 Pontiac models are currently eligible thru program end September 30, 2005. These are the card that are compatible with GM Employee and GM Supplier Purchase Programs. Since these prgrams were not available for the 1000 First 1000 EOP Solstices, it is the daily double of ineligibility.

All can/will change as production nears and October 1st comes around.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've ordered mine "A" Plan

DW and I ordered her Sly Solstice last Monday :) , we were able to order anything after the first 1000 on the "A" Plan discount. For us the first 1000 was not important, the xtra money off was ;) . My company does the convertable top for this product so I am trying to see one for real. We are both so excited to get this car, we have never been this spontanious. Friday night she told me she saw it on the Apprentice, and fell in love with it....Saturday I suggested we quit talking and start doing....went to the dealership who also told me that "A" Plan was not available on this car....left there...Monday went to different dealership and bought it on "A" Plan...no questions asked.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Roadster1 said:
DW and I ordered her Sly Solstice last Monday :) , we were able to order anything after the first 1000 on the "A" Plan discount. For us the first 1000 was not important, the xtra money off was ;) . My company does the convertable top for this product so I am trying to see one for real. We are both so excited to get this car, we have never been this spontanious. Friday night she told me she saw it on the Apprentice, and fell in love with it....Saturday I suggested we quit talking and start doing....went to the dealership who also told me that "A" Plan was not available on this car....left there...Monday went to different dealership and bought it on "A" Plan...no questions asked.

What is the "A" Plan...do you have the "A-Team" just come in a take the car for you? :) Honestly, is it different the GMS, which I thought was the new term for the GM Employee, Family and Supplier discount. I've only heard the "A,Z" Plans on Ford commericals. The reason I ask is my dealer said if GMS pricing was available then I he would give it to me and your post has given my wallet a gimmer of hope. (Well, I should say it gives my LOAN a glimmer of hope)

·
5,641 Posts
"A" Plan is a Ford term for their employee and selected supplier purchase program. We don't use a term like that in GM. And I don't know the pricing break down for Ford, but in GM there are two differnt plans. The GM Employee Puchase Program (refered to as GMS) and the GM Supplier Purchase Program. The Supplier program cost is 4.5% greater then the Employee cost.

The GM Employee price savings is several hundred dollars short of $3,000 at a full equipped MSRP ($25,735). And the supplier savings would be about half of the $3,000 target at the same full equipped MSRP.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Small Dealer said:
"A" Plan is a Ford term for their employee and selected supplier purchase program. We don't use a term like that in GM. And I don't know the pricing break down for Ford, but in GM there are two differnt plans. The GM Employee Puchase Program (refered to as GMS) and the GM Supplier Purchase Program. The Supplier program cost is 4.5% greater then the Employee cost.

The GM Employee price savings is several hundred dollars short of $3,000 at a full equipped MSRP ($25,735). And the supplier savings would be about half of the $3,000 target at the same full equipped MSRP.

Thanks Small Dealer! As always you are a great source of info! You may recall I asked you about GMS availablity in another thread and got great replies from both you and Solticeman. At that time even though the GMS pricing sheet was out it still wasn't clear that it was going to be offered? Does the above make it sound like GMS has a full green light? (I'm fully aware I'm asking for opinion not fact as things probably are not totally in stone)

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
every dealer ive been calling is telling me NO to the GM discount..im gettin kinda pissed now..i want the darn car and i will not pay at the listed price...for yrs ive been buying cars with my gm discount..will this change at all or does anyone know a dealership that are accepting the discount? please PM me

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
just to be clear...

Is it up to the dealer if they choose to offer the gms discount?
Or is it a manufacturing decision on a new/hot model?

I ask because I am eligible for the discount, and I currently have an order with the local dealer who said that 'Pontiac' said no GMS on this model until further notice.

NOTE: I am NOT getting or refering to a first 1000, simply a regular order.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
vextc05 said:
every dealer ive been calling is telling me NO to the GM discount..im gettin kinda pissed now..i want the darn car and i will not pay at the listed price...for yrs ive been buying cars with my gm discount..will this change at all or does anyone know a dealership that are accepting the discount? please PM me
IMO gonna be tough at the startup with demand greater than supply to get that discount. Things will cool off next year.

·
5,641 Posts
pgreen29 said:
just to be clear...

Is it up to the dealer if they choose to offer the gms discount?
Or is it a manufacturing decision on a new/hot model?

I ask because I am eligible for the discount, and I currently have an order with the local dealer who said that 'Pontiac' said no GMS on this model until further notice.

NOTE: I am NOT getting or refering to a first 1000, simply a regular order.
Actually it is both. GM can and does exclude certain models from time to time from eligibility in the purchae programs, such as GM Employee (GMS) and Supplier. (For example the Corvette Convertible and Z06 are currently unavailable) But if GM allows a model to be in the program , it is still up to the dealer to accept the program.

Right now all that is in front of us is the EOP 1000 first 1000 Solstices. And GM has said that these cars are not available with GMS. It is still too early for them to announce if the regualr production will be GMS eligible. I don't recall seeing anything one way or another yet on the Solstice. But with the early demand and limited initial availablility, it is doubtful that a dealer would give up an allocation slot for a GMS (or Supplier) deal.

Another way GM's choices effect these programs is a required retention periods. For example, most cars have to be kept for 6 months before they can be sold if purchased with a GMS discount. The GTO must be retained for 24 months. If GM were to put in a requirement such as this, it could change some peoples decission to use the program on a Solstice.

For a dealer, it can be about a $1,400 difference on a base Solstice, selling GMS vs. MSRP for retail. And the dealer is limited to $75 in doc fees (or whatever name they or their state use).

If you really want to look into the belly of the beast and see a rotten part, check out the situation in the middle parts of the country. Some of the dealers with big allocations got them from high sales numbers. They got these big sales numbers because of GMS and Supplier sales. So the GMS/Supplier sales earned them their retail profit sales, shutting out the GMS/Supplier buyers.

I believe this is one (notice I said "one") of the reasons that the GTO stumbled out of the blocks last year. 2004 GTO allocation was based totally on sales of all Pontiacs. Therefore the big Michigan/Midwest dealers got all the first cars and were not accepting GMS/Supplier buyers. It was only when they slowed thier orders for later production that cars flowed to other parts of the country (west coast) and the sales rate picked up. (With this change in GTO sales rates & distribution, the 2005 GTO distribution-based on just GTO sales of 2004- has been better balanced and the sales rate is much better)

This is why for the Solstice, the EOP program was developed to give a broader base of dealers a chance to get car(s) early on. And regular allocation is based on sales AND roadster market oppertunities. To even out some of the irregularities in distribution that the GTO suffered.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts