Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys to beat a dead horse but...

I thought Small Dealer had said in one of the other threads the the Solstice was eligble for the GMS or GM Employee Discount (1st allocation not EOP).

I was told by me dealer when I put deposit down that if GM did not exclude the car then they would give me the car at the Employee Price, now they are telling me the car isn't eligible.

I know the program is voluntary so they are not required to participate but my question is, are they flip flopping or is the car really not eligble?

Thanks,

I promise not to pester you guys with this again! Just I'm streching my budget for this car and every dollar makes a big difference!

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
thought the employee pricing was only applicable for 05 model years cars.....the solstice being an 06 model..is excluded.....

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I think the answer is no GMS / no employee discounts for now.

GM Card earnings are useable on the cars after the first 1000. If you have a newer GM Card you can save up to $1000. If you have an older GM Card you can save up to $3500.

·
Registered
350 Posts
The major reason why car get discounted at this time of year it to get rid of the old model year and make room for the new. The Solstice being an 06 wouldn't get discounted for that reason and therefore no employee discount for the Solstice.

I could be mistaken, but didn't that end with the coming of August, so isn't this all just a mute point anyway?

·
Registered
905 Posts
Yeah I think it ended August 1st.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Actually it's been extended to September 6th.

·
Registered
184 Posts
They extended it here

In Vegas it has been extended through August but it is only Valid on '05 models which would exclude the Solstice....

·
Registered
29 Posts
GMS participation is up to the dealer. While there will be GMS prices released by corporate, the dealer has the option of selling the car to you for that price, or not. Given the demand on the Solstice, it's not likely any dealer will do GMS for quite a while, unless you're the owner's nephew or something.

Similarly, try to get GMS price on a C6. Dealers won't do it even if you show them the GMS price list for the vehicle. I've tried.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Employees get GM price without the fancy employee price for everyone. dont forget that he may be one of those.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm not talking about the employee price for everyone program, I'm talking about real GMS employee price. I know because I am eligible (dad is a GM engineer).

Dealers decide whether to sell you a car at GMS or not. Try this: Call up a Chevy dealer, tell him you're a GM employee, and ask him if he'll sell his next unallocated C6 at GMS price. If he tells you there is no GMS price on a C6, he is either misinformed or lying. Tell him you have the price list. He'll probably say, "let me check" and then call you back in 10 minutes to tell you No.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
MisterE said:
Sorry guys to beat a dead horse but...

I thought Small Dealer had said in one of the other threads the the Solstice was eligble for the GMS or GM Employee Discount (1st allocation not EOP).

I was told by me dealer when I put deposit down that if GM did not exclude the car then they would give me the car at the Employee Price, now they are telling me the car isn't eligible.

I know the program is voluntary so they are not required to participate but my question is, are they flip flopping or is the car really not eligble?

Thanks,

I promise not to pester you guys with this again! Just I'm streching my budget for this car and every dollar makes a big difference!

Sorry Guys, should have been more clear. I am not talking about the promotion I am talking about the true GM Employee Family Discount. Again, I totally understand that they dealer does not have to sell the car at that price. What I am trying to find out if GM is allowing it to be sold at that price (some vehicles are retricted at the Corporate level). My point is that if GM is saying no GMS I'll stick with the dealer, but if the dealer is not going to do GMS but says that it is GM not offering it I'll walk. Hope this clarifies...

PS

I have the actual GMS price sheet from GM (from GMFamilyFirst website), but I've been told that is standard for when it is offered. For example they have pricing structure but may not allow it until 6 months into production.

·
Registered
763 Posts
bdude i wasnt talking about your post I've had problems getting GM pricing with some of our vehicles (especially anything selling well) I thought i recalled mistere saying he got employee pricing

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've found when a dealer tells you it's "ineligible" what they're really saying is "we have people lined up to buy these at MSRP, so why should I sell it to you?" I.e., they're trying to blame GM corporate when they're just trying to maximize profits. I don't necessarily blame them, but I do find the "it's not eligible" line ridiculous.

To get real employee GMS price, you're going to have to find a dealer who has more cars than buyers. If you've got the GMS price list, and there's no memo from GM or notes about delaying the GMS prices for a period of time, the prices are valid. It's all academic unless you've got a dealer that will play ball.

Why don't you post the GMS prices, by the way? It would be interesting.

·
Registered
29 Posts
GradSoulStice said:
bdude i wasnt talking about your post I've had problems getting GM pricing with some of our vehicles (especially anything selling well) I thought i recalled mistere saying he got employee pricing
Gotcha. Could this person have gotten the car through the PEP program? That's not subject to dealer participation, but GM corporate decides which cars and how many are available.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I checked with GM and they stated it is still up in the air. The Solstice may go on the temporary list of ineligible cars. We should know more in a couple weeks. :skep:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the information!

I think that the GMS price has been posted before (with options), however MSRP 19,420 GMS 17,650 (delivery of 575 is the same).

Yes, I do have a smaller local dealer that is willing to sell his 1st Solstice (ordered for me many moons ago...not in system but on paper kind of deal) at GMS, he said he is almost positive that GMS will be available (unless a NO comes out of the total blue).

A lager dealer, that has had my deposit even longer (I'm 6th on their list) is already saying absolutely no GMS, GM is saying not available.

At this point, I know there is no way to know for certain (until the ink dries) if I will pay MSRP or GMS. However if I am being told a lie that it is already a definitive no and it isn't I will do business elsewhere.. at least say "It is too popular, we are not going to participate in GMS pricing...not GM said no"

Thanks

·
Registered
229 Posts
My dealer is giving me GMS. He phoned me the other day to confirm that I am getting it for GMS and to give me the price.

·
Premium Member
9,964 Posts
Gms

Hard to say how it will end up for the general public GMS pricing, however....since I'm the daughter of a GM retiree....I ordered it for the GMS price. Nothing better than a hot car and a better price!!

aggressive/loaded xcept XM/Onstar... due in Sept.... waiting for the call that it's on a truck!

·
Registered
193 Posts
I work for a GM supplier and can get supplier pricing. The dealer showed me supplier pricing, (about $1000 less than MSRP), when I ordered the car. He cautioned me that I will only get that price as long as the car is eligible when I take delivery. I'm hoping I'll get the supplier pricing, $1000 will pay for the new Pirelli tires I plan on buying for the car. ;)

·
Registered
230 Posts
GMS Pricing

I too am a GM Family member and was told by my small dealer that I could get the Employee Discount but that was back in March and I havent heard much since. I'm getting so desperate for a car that I'm willing to pay the full price just to have something to drive. I'm a victim of the uneccesary agressive marketing of a vehicle that sells itself.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts