Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I just received a call from my local dealer saying that my order may be pulled (actually it was an old message I missed, so if my dealer is on hear sorry). Anyway they said once my order was pulled for production the 500 deposit I left would become non-refundable (which I understand). However, GMS is going to be a big factor for me, as I'm teetering on the affording it point as is. The 2,000 (estimated) savings is a BIG DEAL. I understand that dealers position, however it is also tough to commit 500 dollars when you still don't have a price.

·
Registered
350 Posts
MisterE said:
Hi All,

I just received a call from my local dealer saying that my order may be pulled (actually it was an old message I missed, so if my dealer is on hear sorry). Anyway they said once my order was pulled for production the 500 deposit I left would become non-refundable (which I understand). However, GMS is going to be a big factor for me, as I'm teetering on the affording it point as is. The 2,000 (estimated) savings is a BIG DEAL. I understand that dealers position, however it is also tough to commit 500 dollars when you still don't have a price.
You should be able to go down there and get the price. If they say that it is not available tell them that you know it is available in autobook. The GMS is not going to be available on the Solstice as it is only available on 2005 models.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
By law your $500 should be refundable. That's a load of BS they're giving you. You have the right to reject the car up until you pay for it and drive it off the lot.

·
Registered
305 Posts
brentil said:
By law your $500 should be refundable. That's a load of BS they're giving you. You have the right to reject the car up until you pay for it and drive it off the lot.
Interesting you say this.

We had the deputy attorney general of PA. at work a week ago talking
about consumer protection.

And in PA. people think they have 3 days to return a car. NOT TRUE!!!!

Cars are an exception to the rule here. In fact I asked him personally
if I could get out of the purchase if I had not taken posession of the car yet.

His answer was NO!!!! Once you sign a car sales agreement you are on the hook.

Each state is different and may have a different law in place. But in PA. be careful.

In this case I don't think the dealer would mind purchasing my first 1000
solstice if I did not want it.

But I would have to be crazy at this point to give it up.

So be careful in car sales.

Thought you would find this interesting.

Later!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Read the back of your sales agreement. For example mine says the offer to purchase is only good for 90 days, which will make it intersting on July 30th.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SolsticeDesire said:
You should be able to go down there and get the price. If they say that it is not available tell them that you know it is available in autobook. The GMS is not going to be available on the Solstice as it is only available on 2005 models.
Sorry should of been more clear, I meant to say ACTUAL GMS not GMS promotion.

Thanks!

·
5,641 Posts
I am kind of confused. You have already ordered the car, but have no agreement on price and GMS usage?

On to some infomation and answers (for MisterE and other non-1000 First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order Solstice buyers).

The GM Employee Purchase Program (GMS) guidelines cover the program through 9/30/05. This is the traditional "year end" date for annual incentive programs. It does cover 2006 models, and there is NO exclusion for the Solstice, so it is eligible. I recall no distribution bulletins that say GM is not allowing it to be used, but that could change when production fo regular allocation cars start later this summer. The real point is that the program is voluntary on the part of dealers. In others words, GM may allow it but the dealers do not have to.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
small dealer - what about gm supplier pricing?

Do you know if GM supplier pricing will be available for the Solstice on the post EOP 1000 cars?

·
5,641 Posts
todd_raleigh said:
Do you know if GM supplier pricing will be available for the Solstice on the post EOP 1000 cars?
Same answer, just substitute program name (for todd_raleigh and other non-1000 First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order Solstice buyers).

The GM Supplier Purchase Program guidelines cover the program through 9/30/05. This is the traditional "year end" date for annual incentive programs. It does cover 2006 models, and there is NO exclusion for the Solstice, so it is eligible. I recall no distribution bulletins that say GM is not allowing it to be used, but that could change when production fo regular allocation cars start later this summer. The real point is that the program is voluntary on the part of dealers. In others words, GM may allow it but the dealers do not have to.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Small Dealer said:
I am kind of confused. You have already ordered the car, but have no agreement on price and GMS usage?

On to some infomation and answers.

The GM Employee Purchase Program (GMS) guidelines cover the program through 9/30/05. This is the traditional "year end" date for annual incentive programs. It does cover 2006 models, and there is NO exclusion for the Solstice, so it is eligible. I recall no distribution bulletins that say GM is not allowing it to be used, but that could change when production fo regular allocation cars start later this summer. The real point is that the program is voluntary on the part of dealers. In others words, GM may allow it but the dealers do not have to.
Thanks Small Dealer...as always a wealth of information. I've been working with two dealers, one has said GMS is very unlikely (but didn't disclose if that was GM or their dealership). The other who required a much smaller deposit (100 vs 500) said that all things appear go for GMS. However he did a CYA and said he can't say for 100%. (Which I totally understand I would much rather tell a cusomter it is very likely vs definate then have them P.O.'d if things change). But since I didn't have a 100% answer I was just trying to find out the odds it will be offered? (The one dealer even went as far as give me my GMS price on the vehicle).

Thanks again for the info!

D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Gms ?

At my dealership we have two list of customers. One for retail (msrp) and one for GMS. We have our initial 16 units spoken for and 9 more on that waiting list. We have 2 on our GMS list. If and when the Solstice cools of we will open up our list for GMS. We are very upfront with our customers about this issue and let them know that our GMS list might not happen in the 06 model year. If GM does to the Solstice what they have done to every Pontiac over the last several years, several price increases throughout the year, an 06 Solstice priced at MSRP might be very close in price to an 07 at GMS.

·
Registered
71 Posts
kevbo1121 1st 1000 eop

question for you and small dealer; how would i approach my small dealer in ligonier,pa. about gms?,they say pontiac[gm] is not allowing gms program because the solstice is a 2006 :brentil:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
pontiacjs said:
At my dealership we have two list of customers. One for retail (msrp) and one for GMS. We have our initial 16 units spoken for and 9 more on that waiting list. We have 2 on our GMS list. If and when the Solstice cools of we will open up our list for GMS. We are very upfront with our customers about this issue and let them know that our GMS list might not happen in the 06 model year. If GM does to the Solstice what they have done to every Pontiac over the last several years, several price increases throughout the year, an 06 Solstice priced at MSRP might be very close in price to an 07 at GMS.
Well GM has said on several occasions that from now as part of their plan to get back to profitability they're going to start pricing all new cars closer to their real selling prices. Which means less rebates, but cheaper cars up front. The new Cobalt is priced like this supposedly, and if you notice it has the lowest rebates of any GM at $500. Going along with this, I don't think GM is going to market the car cheap then start creaping the price. In order to keep sales above the competitors they have to stay competative with them. In order to stay competative with the new MX-5 GM is putting the Solstice at a price point below the MX-5. If they raise the base price pretty much any at all they would loose that advantage. Everyone has to remember this is a Roadster, they're very impractical cars so they're not going to sell like Civics/Mustangs to the every day person.

·
Registered
46 Posts
GMS is NOT available (employee or promotion) to any of the 1,000 EOP vehicles. This was stated when you ordered the car. Besides, the first 1,000 vehicles were sold strictly to NON-GM Employee's (except retirees). There is no GMS on the 2006 Solstice.

You may use your GM Card earnings for the 2006 Solstice however. I confirmed this with Diana at GM Card. No restrictions.

·
5,641 Posts
jschimp said:
GMS is NOT available (employee or promotion) to any of the 1,000 EOP vehicles. This was stated when you ordered the car. Besides, the first 1,000 vehicles were sold strictly to NON-GM Employee's (except retirees). There is no GMS on the 2006 Solstice.
MisterE was asking about a non-1000 First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order Solstice (as indicated by the mention that his order still was in the dealer order pool), and todd_raleigh was even more specific that his question concerned the post 1000 group. I have edited my answers so there will be no mistake which group they were about.

·
5,641 Posts
jschimp said:
You may use your GM Card earnings for the 2006 Solstice however. I confirmed this with Diana at GM Card. No restrictions.
Other then the restriction that the GM Card earning are not eligible for use on the 1000 First 1000 Exclusive Order Solstice cars.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Small Dealer!

I am indeed talking about a non-EOP car rather a first RPA (Regular Production Allocation...why should Early Order Program be the only one with a hip term) as you mentioned.

Thanks again to Small Dealer and all the other forum members who keep us update to with accurate information. (Although we do have a lot of fun speculating :) )

·
5,641 Posts
MisterE said:
Thanks Small Dealer!

I am indeed talking about a non-EOP car rather a first RPA (Regular Production Allocation...why should Early Order Program be the only one with a hip term) as you mentioned.

Thanks again to Small Dealer and all the other forum members who keep us update to with accurate information. (Although we do have a lot of fun speculating :) )
You (and everyone else) are welcome. :thumbs:

No some bad news, GM is already using "RPA". It stands for Regular Production Accessory. These are options that can be ordered at the same time as a car/truck, are included on the window sticker, can be residulized for SmartLease or SmartBuy, but are shipped from a seperate source for the dealer to install on the car for delivery.

So back to the alphabet soup I guess. :lol:

Have a good 4th :patriot: .

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Small Dealer (or anyone else out there), would you sell me a car with the GM supplier discount? My dealer won't do it....he'll give it to me for MSRP, but not GM supplier......any takers?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts