Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Thanks.. but I'm not registering on a site to read an article... if someone else finds this and can link it (since you shouldn't copy and paste it here, unless of course you bought the paper it was in then I think you can) to the forum that would be great.

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
rlhammon said:
Thanks.. but I'm not registering on a site to read an article... if someone else finds this and can link it (since you shouldn't copy and paste it here, unless of course you bought the paper it was in then I think you can) to the forum that would be great.
I didn't need to register. I'll post it on my page (see my signature) just in case. It is free for the viewing online, no registrtion required. Thanks latimes.com!

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Interesting read. Basically they are saying GM is about to get crushed by pension and health care costs, but don't worry because they hope their automotive operations become profitable soon.

The amazing figure is that $1500 from every car sold goes to pension and health benefits! :eek That combined with the huge discounts and it is no wonder that they are not doing all that well on wall street.

Hopefully they do turn it around. I agree with the article that there are signs to be optimistic about. Yet, GM still has to continue to deliver on the product end. They really could use a high volume hit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts