Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ha, allow me to be the braggart today. I saw the answer to my prayer...and she is a Buick. That's right my friends...Buick has answered my prayer and designed the car to complement the Solstice I shall one day call my own. A Buick you say? That's my old man's car! Oh no! I've seen the future and she is called Velite!

Luck has it I work in the television medium. I was blessed with the vision that would one day encompass my desire for excitement on the road with my wifes need for practicality. And, though laying my eyes on this vision of beauty was not enough, I was able to have a short chat with the genious who invented the bounty.

The Buick Velite. When I said to the designer, "This looks like a four seater Solstice," he said, "You're exactly right." That's right my friends, a Solstice...with four seats. The lines memerized me, the beauty overcame my soul, the detailer had to wipe my drool from its fender! If this car replecates the Solstice in any way...and it does...we are truely in for an exciting treat.

I love my wife. She's the most beautiful woman in the world! I owe it to her to buy her the Velite to compare to her exquisite godess-like radience! Solstice for me! Velite for her! Go ahead...write me with any questions on this exqusite car of the future!

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
The Velite is supposedly off the ZETA platform (RWD, larger displacement/6 or 8 cylinder powered, longitudinal motor). Same platform as the Chevy SS, I think. Or the next generation GTO. If they build it.

The future of 2+2 seating on the Kappa platform is merely wishful thinking, I'm afraid. Yes, the Nomad and Curve were shown, but neither has had go-ahead yet.

BUT, the Velite sure is purty!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Four seater convertable. On a larger platform, and more HP. Interesting!

Hey GM, MAKE THAT 2007 Camaro Convert, NOW!! I promise I'll buy the Solstice and keep it after buying the Camaro too! Promise. Really.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The front end of that buick is such an infiniti knockoff....

Doesn't look that bad, but I am guessing it drives like a buick. :rolleyes

-Whit

·
Registered
179 Posts
I just sucks that those obtaining those extra 2 seats in your Velite will cost $20,000 over the price of the Solstice.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
The Velite is a good looking concept, but I'd be concerned about what kind of price will be attached to it. I am guessing this is not going to be a cheap convertable like the Solstice. Not that it makes it bad, or any less of a great looking car. It just makes it more difficult to buy!

As long as it doesn't infringe on your Solstice, then go ahead and get it for her. Its great that you lover her enough to want to buy her the Velite, but I also notice that you are planning to get yourself the Solstice, which just happens to be coming out a while before the Velite! :devil

1 - 7 of 7 Posts