Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided. I reserved a room for Saturday night, and I'm driving down to Houston tomorrow. I borrowed a good camera from a bud, and I'm gonna shoot a lot of pics and mpegs. I hope the black model is there, but at least one will be along with the Sky. The hotel has broadband internet so I should be able to post tomorrow night.

I'll be by the Solstice at 3:00 PM sharp if anyone else can go. Just look for the fat old blond guy in jeans and a black jacket with 'Hilti' on the back.

There's nothing else to do anyway, with the Superbowl a week off, right?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Awesome. :D

Hope you can get some really cool pictures. See if you can bribe the girls showing the car to do anything for you with the car. Like push the cup holder to get it to come out, mess with the compartment the trunk latch is in, mess with what we think is another cup holder area below that, move the seats forward to see if there's sotrage behind them, etc.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
mceb said:
Great Aztek, enjoy yourself. Don't believe anything they tell you about the car :lol
Or better yet, write down everything they tell you, and just report the opposite.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Yes, the Superbowl is next weekend! You won't miss it! :smile

Have a lot of fun, and take plenty of great pics! :thumbs

·
Premium Member
10,404 Posts
Just think, maybe GM/Pontiac will have a change of heart, when you tell them your a representative of the Solstice Forum and we demand to let you sit on the inside of the car, I am willing to sign a petition, who knows..... :jester

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heck, I'll try all of it, it's worth a shot. I bet I can get the tender to open the cupholder, anyway. After the top, that seems to be the greatest item of interest around here!

See ya tomorrow night.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am probably going to go next weekend too. I was hoping the Houston show would have the black Solstice as I saw the gray one last year in San Antonio. It will be neat to see the Sky and Solstice together though so I will get some nice hi-res pics as well.

Ren

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Woot!!!!

Cupholders ahoy!

A nice young man named Steve was there when I arrived and I introduced myself and told him about solsticeforum. I explained that I knew this was the LA show car, and that he was probably under orders not to show the trunk, but that everyone was dying to see exactly where the cupholders are. He said he wasn't sure if they were functional like the ones in the Black car, (which told me he knew more than most show spokesmen), but he would see. There are in fact two cupholders, one between the seats under the latch area as speculated, and another on the passenger side of the hump. I wasn't able to see the passenger side one on the solstice, but it appears to be exactly the same on the Sky, and I did get a pic of it closed.

I also got a video of the spokesperson speils on the Solstice, Sky, and G6 convertible, with a nice show of the hardtop going down. I'll be working on getting these in the gallery, but for now, here's the cupholder pics.

Arggh, too big to upload, I'll be back in a bit.. I also got Steve to sit in it to give us some kneeroom, shoulder room references.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Great job Aztek! And thanks for the reports back, I'm anxious to see what you thought about the guy's sitting in the car, how it appeared to look, etc.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
O.K., the cupholder pics are in the autoshow gallery, and I'll be putting the sitting photos up next. I couldn't find a way to start a new gallery for the Houston show, if Solsticeman or someone else can, we probably ought to move them.

I was blown away by the car in person. I don't know if it is the lighting or what, but my first impression was, 'Wow, sparkly!!". The headlights and other chrome items just seem to have so much more 'pop' in person.

Little things I noticed:

The scoop behind the emblem just behind the front wheels is not functional.

The XM antenna is ugly as hell.

The 'big' babyarms on this car weren't that bad in person, the small ones on production cars will be un-noticable most likely. :thumbs

There is a hole in the rubber just over the drivers left shoulder for some part of the top mechanism to insert into, similar to the babyarms. I'll post a pic.

The sky was impressive, and you were able to get right up to it, even touch it. I've decided however that the Solstice is for me. As Jason Kidd would say, 'mos definitely'

Anybody got any ideas how I can post my mpegs? They are about 11 megs each.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Great Pics! :thumbs
It seems like you guys get them to show a little more each show. Now we have the cup holders down! Thanks alot! :smile

·
4,592 Posts
AztekzRpurty said:
Anybody got any ideas how I can post my mpegs? They are about 11 megs each.
try sending the mpegs to [email protected], if my email doesn't cap at 10mb attachments, I'll post them on my server on my page (in my signature). you might try to .zip them, but it may not help as mpeg is already highly compressed..

RODEO

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Oh, I forgot to answer some of your questions,

yes, it was my first time to see it in person.

Steve was up on a platform so it was hard to judge his height, but I would guess 5-10" at least.

He had plenty of knee room, which he quickly pointed out. Putting his arm on the top of the door seemed a little awkward, it was higher than normal. The shifter looked like it fell right in hand.

He was definitely down in the car, and I think 6 footers will love it.

Rodeo, check your private messages.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Thanks alot, AztekzRpurty and RODEO :thumbs :thumbs :cheers

·
Registered
270 Posts
About the Houston Car...

In reference to the latest pictures that AzteksRpurty posted, has anyone noticed that the honeycomb grill under the back bumper is now a molded part of the bumper itself? I remember seeing an earlier pic that showed it as separate and removable. The screws holding it in place were easily enough seen. I can't remember who posted the picture I'm thinking of, but I think it was brentil and it was supposed to have been a production car also. I wonder if this means changes are still yet being made to the car even as it nears production?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts