Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

GOLD COAST RE-RUN AUGUST 30, 2009

As most of you know, last September's Second Annual Gold Coast Run got rained out into October, wherupon the sky opened up and really let us have it. Though some of us did the run on a late start under cover of clouds, much of the course was scrapped on the fly and the second half was only finished by three cars!

The sun's out now . . . wanna go again?

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Is there a date set yet? I would love to participate if I can fit it in my calendar.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Here's the deal ~

We will run the whole thing again. Even if you prefer only doing the second half, we will still run the whole deal and you'll meet the morning group at the lunch stop. I will be happy to run the AM portion for even just a handful of cars, since so many people got rained out last time.

We would start at the Roslyn diner location at 8 AM and land at the Northport Crab Shack at around Noon. If someone would like to act as the Second Half Organizer, you could secure tables and parking for when the AMers come round the corner.

All we have to do now is pick a date. Ooops, we did. August 30th., 2009.

First, refer to the Original Cold Coast Run 2 thread for details so I don't have to repost everything here.

Second, please respond in this thread as follows:

Indicate whether you want to do the full run or just the second half.

Alzo: Are you a Lone Wolf (LW) or bringing a passenger (+1)

I will then correlate the results and figure out the meaning of the universe. :yesnod:

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
All we have to do now is pick a date. Open for grabs are any Sunday in July, August and September, though there may be conflicts with other events.

First, refer to the Original Cold Coast Run 2 thread for details so I don't have to repost everything here.

Second, please respond in this thread as follows:

Give 3 potential dates that are good for you.
Indicate whether you want to do the full run or just the second half.

I will then correlate the results and come up with a date and time.
I'll start off.

I am available:
August 9th
August 30th
September 20th

I would be up for the full run.

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
^ dengel's dates are good with me. I would have to come up the night before. It's a 5 hour trek for me. I would be interested in the full run.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Last year we missed it due to the weather and hope to make it this time around. Mid September is good time for us.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Let's try to stick with the 3 dates format. Then I can find the overlaps. Thanx. :)

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
We could make it a double-header the weekend of 9/12-13 NJ/LI runs back to back!

I'm good for July 19
August 16
September 27

If 8/30 works best for the majority, I can always
Spoiler: (Highlight this box to see the hidden message.)
take a day off.
It's a great run.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Stuff currently on the agenda:

7/17-18 (Fri-Sat) Lime Rock Racetrack, American LeMans Chris (Schmaybe)

7/20-21 (Mon-Tue) Pocono Raceway Driver Instruction Course Chris & Reed

7/25 (Sat) Genesis Coupe Adrenalin Rush Chris & Reed

7/26-27 (Sun-Mon) Closing of MECCA Lotsa folks

7/31-8/1 (Fri-Sat) Lime Rock SCCA Nationals Chris, Dengel, Skyman, Steve Butcher, Tammy Tarantula, Critterman and more.
(There's one spot left in the Solstice Corral in the infield and a special hospitality tent with lunch provided by the Solstice Racing Team, Plus the "new" GM will be on hand to show us a new "Surprise" sports car.)

8/8-9 (Sat-Sun) Tail of the Dragon Shiny (side up, hopefully. Check w/ Diane)

9/12 (Sat) New Joisey, Solstice Skylands Run/MASSC Lotsa folks.

Feel free to add other stuff you know about! :cool:

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's starting to look like a September event.

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
Might that be early September, Mid- September or late September? Inquiring minds need to plan... :D

1 - 20 of 201 Posts