Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I purchased a smaller, lighter golf bag so that my golf clubs would fit in the trunk. To my surprise, they fit with the top down, as well. There is no interference with the top down. Of course, I removed the Driver from the bag and laid it beside the golf bag. The golf bag contains Irons 2-9, wedge, putter, balls, and wet suit. Now, where do I put the golf shoes.......... I think that they will fit as well. Possibly, the umbrella can be laid near the Driver.........See the someone else's previously posted picture. In my Fiero the clubs sat in the passenger seat............
http://www.solsticeforum.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=820&sort=2&cat=3012&page=1

golfclubs
golfclubsfit

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
Great, but now there's no room for the golf cart!
Sure there is...she rides in the passenger seat. :devil:

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
Good one, GO_DRVN.

I presume she doesn't read the forum?
No she doesn't. She is having more fun watching me be excited about a car I don't have yet. I wonder what she will do when it gets here and she can't find me?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I just stick my umbrella in my bag and
my shoes in a shoe bag on the passenger floor.
I did not have to take my R580 out so I guess
your driver has a longer shaft than mine.

FIRST SOLSTICE OWNERS GOLF TOURNAMENT ???
THE WEATHER IS GREAT IN THE SOUTH YEAR ROUND !!!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Fiero+Solstice said:
In my Fiero the clubs sat in the passenger seat............
Interesting... I have been able to get my clubs in the "trunk" of my Fiero with a similar sized bag. Of course, it isn't the easiest thing...

·
Registered
275 Posts
One of the design requirements for the Fiero crew was that the
trunk should be able to hold two golf bags. No mention of carts, though.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I'll resurrect this thread to add a couple of tips for golfers. Played a little golf today in the Sol and learned a few things....

Get one of those ultra lightweight bags with oval tops (Ogio, Sun Mountain etc.) The oval shape and lack of extra pockets makes it a a much better fit into the small cavity in back of Sol. The more rounder bags have more trouble fitting and the more pockets make those types a tougher fit.

Put the club heads toward the driver side of the car because of the inflator kit grabs some space in that cavity and the club heads fit nice next to it but the bottom of the bag would not because it is fatter.

With top up 2 bags do fit but the 2nd bag has to be fiddled with a bit to get the trunk to close. Don't go right to slamming it, test the close and reposition bag a few times to get it as close as possible before slamming trunk. You may have to remove drivers on top bag to help in positioning.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks for the info. My clubs "stay" with me year-round. You never know when you may need them. Believe it or not, this has been my biggest concern with buying the car. I know...get a life!

·
5,600 Posts
RamJet said:
Thanks for the info. My clubs "stay" with me year-round. You never know when you may need them. Believe it or not, this has been my biggest concern with buying the car. I know...get a life!
Hey, your biggest concern is YOUR biggest concern. Cars have been rejected for less. Your car has to suit all of your needs, not just some of them. And for many people, the Solstice will not satisfy all of their needs. (I'm not talking about desires here, but the basic needs that a particular car has to meet to fulfill its mission. I don't golf, therefore no need. But for someone who golfs every weekend and usually drives others there, that could be a make or break deal.)

·
Registered
1,514 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
This picture shows a better fit. The top just slides over the bag.

Here's one with the top down...

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
FIRST SOLSTICE OWNERS GOLF TOURNAMENT ???
THE WEATHER IS GREAT IN THE SOUTH YEAR ROUND !!!
Best of luck with that I have tried to get a foursome in the local area and well you would think that it would be easy :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
That is a picture of golf clubs inside the trunk with the top UP. The thread is fitting golf clubs in the trunk with top DOWN.
The top will fit down in that particular pic. The way the top rounds underneath it leaves extra room in the open cuby area so things can slightly stick up like that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts