Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I unfortunately had a small incident yesterday that has truly upset me. While I was getting onto the highway yesterday my car was struck by a rock, right on the bottom middle of the windshield. I now have 2 cracks forming a "U" shape from the bottom to the top of my windshield. Add on to it that I have no idea when the dealer will be able to get a new one, it made for one very bad day.

On the flip side though, I did manage to win an award for "best in class" at the car show I went to today. There were 118 vehicles in I believe 7 classes, each class comprising of both stock and modified. I was in the 1980-2006 class and the other 2 winners with me were both vettes (03 pace car, and 05 Z06). Even with the cracked windshield, people loved the car. The reactions were just amazing, and I think I should have charged the dealership that I bought the car from, because they will have a ton of business now.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Campbell said:
Well I unfortunately had a small incident yesterday that has truly upset me. While I was getting onto the highway yesterday my car was struck by a rock, right on the bottom middle of the windshield. I now have 2 cracks forming a "U" shape from the bottom to the top of my windshield. Add on to it that I have no idea when the dealer will be able to get a new one, it made for one very bad day.

On the flip side though, I did manage to win an award for "best in class" at the car show I went to today. There were 118 vehicles in I believe 7 classes, each class comprising of both stock and modified. I was in the 1980-2006 class and the other 2 winners with me were both vettes (03 pace car, and 05 Z06). Even with the cracked windshield, people loved the car. The reactions were just amazing, and I think I should have charged the dealership that I bought the car from, because they will have a ton of business now.
Thank your lucky stars that it was the windshield, that can be replaced. A big dent in the body can't.

Just goes to show what a home run this car is going to be. i wonder if anyone really noticed the broken windshield.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Car Shows.....

Campbell said:

Sounds like you had fun at the car show! Way to go Campbell! :yesnod:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Every one noticed the broken windshield, but nobody cared. They said it was a rough break, but the car was still gorgeous. Oh, and I had a lady stop by the house about a week ago to look at the car and she loved it so much she's trading in her Jag S-type on a fully loaded aggressive. Dealership told her 3-6 month minimum before it shows up.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Campbell said:
It took my dealer 15 days to get a new windshield in from GM parts. The local auto glass repair shop said it could take them months to get one.... :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts