Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I am kinda tired of waiting for the solstice. Plus, the more I wait the more I worry about the trunk space and the soft top. So 2 days ago I bought a Scion tc special edition release 1.0. I hope seeing this thread will make pontiac market the solstice faster. They are losing buyers. Good luck everyone.

P.S. Please dont flame me for buying 2 totally different car. (i.e. japanese import)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Sorry you had to buy the Scion. You'll be kicking yourself when you see that first Solstice on the road.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have a scion TC and I like it a lot, but I will be trading it off for either a solstice or a sky when they come out!!!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you settled for the Scion, what attracted you

SchwettyNuts said:
Well, I am kinda tired of waiting for the solstice. Plus, the more I wait the more I worry about the trunk space and the soft top. So 2 days ago I bought a Scion tc special edition release 1.0. I hope seeing this thread will make pontiac market the solstice faster. They are losing buyers. Good luck everyone.

P.S. Please dont flame me for buying 2 totally different car. (i.e. japanese import)

to the Solstice in the first place???
The Scion is a great girls car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
heismybooty said:
LOL That's funny, my husband teases me about the Solstice being a girls car! LOL ;)
Apparently your vivacious womanhood has totally destroyed his masculine sense and now he makes absolutely untrue delusional claims about the manly Solstice...
Repeat after me...the wimpy MIATA is a girls car...the Manly Solstice is not.
The Z4 is the car of choice for Siegfried and Roy types...not the Solstice..
If he buys you a Solstice, then hes a keeper..and vice versa!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
SchwettyNuts said:
So 2 days ago I bought a Scion tc special edition release 1.0. I hope seeing this thread will make pontiac market the solstice faster. They are losing buyers. Good luck everyone.

That's Cute, did your boyfriend buy it for you? :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I won't flame you for the choice. The TC's are a good bargain for cheap transportation! Not all that exciting in my book, but the price is right.

I am just curious, why did you decide on the TC vs something else? Either a different roadster, or something with a little more flare (such as a Tiburon)?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'd buy a tC over a Tiburon personally. I recall a review or two of the Scion referring to the interior as "Lexus-light." The dual panaramic moonroof is pretty cool, and when you're switching over from thoughts of buying a Solstice, you'll need to feel a little like you're driving in the open-air. The way the rear seats recline and the front seats fold down to create "conversation space" is pretty unique for a sports sedan. There's just a lot of space in the cabin. Although the whole Scion-accessory line is pretty useless and overpriced, some of the TRD parts are nice. The lingering possibility of the factory-available supercharger is cool too.

I'm not a huge fan of the exterior, although I don't quite think it screams "Girl Car." It just looks sort of boring and the doors look kind of out of place.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yeah, I totally understand where you are coming from. I am in the same boat. I am so close to going back to my Pontiac dealer and getting back my deposit. I am really close to getting a new 350Z. It has the styling that I like. I am going to wait till the end of the middle of next month. If I really don't hear anything positive about the ship date of the Solstice, then they are going to loose another customer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought a TSX 6M instead 3 weeks ago. I'm still sort of trying to wait it out for the Solstice but it sounds like it'll take forever and I can use the 500 deposit for other things. I guess it would not be a weekend car only but not sure if I should keep 2 cars.

·
Banned
69 Posts
So when do they expect production for the SKy to begin??? around the same time as the solstice. ive havent heard anything on that

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Skyolstice said:
So when do they expect production for the SKy to begin??? around the same time as the solstice. ive havent heard anything on that
Sky production starts sometime early next year. (2006)

·
Registered
100 Posts
virtualdean said:
Apparently your vivacious womanhood has totally destroyed his masculine sense and now he makes absolutely untrue delusional claims about the manly Solstice...
Repeat after me...the wimpy MIATA is a girls car...the Manly Solstice is not.
The Z4 is the car of choice for Siegfried and Roy types...not the Solstice..
If he buys you a Solstice, then hes a keeper..and vice versa!
Very funny Virtual! That was my entertainment for the day.. Ha Ha

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
solsticeman said:
I think over at skyroadster.com, people are getting Sky calendars with countdowns to either Feb or Mar 06.
Yes, and it's a very nice calendar too. :D
Really wish I had a Solstice calendar though.

·
Registered
138 Posts
You settled! Too Bad!

Just before my father passed away several years back at the age of 83, we were talking and he summed up his life for me. He said, "Never settle! Go for what you dream of, and be prepared to work for it and make it happen. To settle is admit that the dream was nothing more than a dream." Clearly the Sol was just a dream to you. Too bad. For the rest of us we are willing to work (Yeah, sitting on your hands waiting can be work) for it. When we pass you on the road in your little red coupe, you will be eating your heart out. But, then again, I guess it is better to have dreamed and not fullfilled your dream than have never dreamed at all . . . or is it? I hope I never find out, but you will.

If you had to have wheels now for practical purposes, that is another tune, but it seems from your posting that you just lost patience. Again, too bad. But is is no skin off my Solstice.
:yawn:

·
Registered
189 Posts
This thread gave me a good laugh, I was checking out Scions webpage trying to build me own custom cars(the process totally blew goats) and I soon gave up, but I had looked at the tC, and I must say, seeing a live image of it the first thing that comes to mind is "its kinda girly", and the styling is a bit too "bubbly" for my taste, and Im not even trying to flame! I do like me the new tiberons though, good luck wiht the car nutz, Im sure we'll be seein you on the road :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
solsticeman said:
I think over at skyroadster.com, people are getting Sky calendars with countdowns to either Feb or Mar 06.
'05? Then they are 2-3 months past due already. :lol:

<OK smarty pants! Through the magic of editing....>

1 - 20 of 43 Posts