Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My uncle works at the GM plant in Detroit and says they have begun to work on the Solstice. He says they are moving along but he has no idea when we will see them on the lots. This has to be good news though.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I am confused...I thought they were being built in Wilmington, Delaware...not Detroit?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Hopefully this is true. A delivery date of June 21st would be great!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dunno I was confused too....but my uncle said hes workin on them. So take it for what it is I guess. Also my dealer in Detroit said 4-6 weeks till delivery, they sounded pretty confident.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I hope 4-6 weeks is correct the only thing about getting them too soon is I told my wife I would sell my Can Am and it may not sell that quick.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
C5Vette said:
I am confused...I thought they were being built in Wilmington, Delaware...not Detroit?
Yes, DE is where they are being made.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I am sure the Solstice is being worked on in many repects, from getting the line ready, or adjucting the final tooling, to getting suppliers in gear. Doesn't neccessarily mean they are being built.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
DLD84 said:
Weve got some EOP owners from Florida right? IM COMING OVER FOR DINNER! :lol:
There's ONE in Central Florida I know of. However I have no clue who they are.

·
Registered
120 Posts
bigjon

I am sitting here reading Pontiac performance Magazine, spring 05. The article on the Solstice forcasts a Solstice Summer. Also states that it will officially be available in June 05.
Inside source at GM says that all suppliers must be in place on 13 May for a 16 May start date of production.

·
Registered
120 Posts
bigjon

I am sitting here reading Pontiac performance Magazine, spring 05. The article on the Solstice forcasts a Solstice Summer. Also states that it will officially be available in June 05.
Inside source at GM says that all suppliers must be in place on 13 May for a 16 May start date of production.

Am I the only Nebraskan to make the 1000?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I'll believe it when I see "Wilmington, Del" on the weekly build reports from media.gm.com. Till then who knows when the car will arrive.

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
I wonder who in Central Fl got a car since I had heard that niether N Orlando or Orlando got one. Must be Kissimmee.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
brentil said:
I'll believe it when I see "Wilmington, Del" on the weekly build reports from media.gm.com. Till then who knows when the car will arrive.
You've got a point - there's the "planned" start of production date. Then there is the real one when that first one rolls off the line. If it's May 16 - GREAT. If it's later, these things happen for various reasons. We won't ever know until it happens.

Keep in mind that GM is a big place. There's many levels of understanding throughout the place - for all we know, the date may have slipped to July - but the dealers got one piece of info (they're outsiders for the most part), the plant "heard" another, the Wilmington plant manager knows the most likely date, and engineering at various levels of the organization may have several other dates.

So, from here until we see that first one roll off the line, take ALL inside information with a grain of salt - the closer it gets, the more fluid the date is. One thing is for absolute certain - since it seems that at one point May 16 was or is the "official" start of production date, it WON'T BE ANY EARLIER THAN THIS. It may slip, maybe a day, a week, a month, (heck I hope not but...) a year... but the chances of slipping "ahead" are pretty much nil at this stage of the game.

For now, it seems like May 16, but there has been some scuttlebutt that it has slipped.

I'm sure GM is trying their damnedest to get this car out as early as possible - just "hope for the best, expect the worst" and you can get through this without a stroke :lol:

·
5,641 Posts
Back in February, it was May 16th. In is now May 31st Start-of-Production.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Back in February, it was May 16th. In is now May 31st Start-of-Production.
Small Dealer - have you gotten any paperwork or "official" info to that effect?

·
5,641 Posts
Dealer message that includes charts with build out and start up infomation. Listed as current as of April 7th (which is about when we received it). Shows Solstice start up as May 31st.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts