Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
overheard a conversation between plant employees at work today.stated that water leak problem has been solved and that production is up to 80 per day,shipping up to 80 also. also stated that pruduction should be at 100 per day within 2 weeks,hopefully shipping keeps up with production

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Mine has been sitting there for 5 weeks and 1145 made it out. I would think mine would be next but if I didn't have bad luck I would have none at all. :(

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
deluke said:
They are fixing them 3 crews and seven days a week. So it souldn't take to long.
Deluke, how many people are in one crew?

-Dylan

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
4kids said:
overheard a conversation between plant employees at work today.stated that water leak problem has been solved and that production is up to 80 per day,shipping up to 80 also. also stated that pruduction should be at 100 per day within 2 weeks,hopefully shipping keeps up with production
According to "Sight unseen" total shipped so far is 1500. There is a graph you can get, but I don't know how to get it but I'm sure someone can advise. So they are not shipping 80 per day. There are 3500 cars waiting to ship. See thread " production 10/29)

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
dylan01 said:
Deluke, how many people are in one crew?

-Dylan
I'm not sure I didn't ask that question. But I'll try to find out when I can. I usually just take the info when given to me. I don't want to be to much a pain in AS*.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Thanks again deluke, any information is greatly appreciated.

I have a question: With 3500 cars waiting for ship how many require repair? All 3500? And do they plan on shipping as they are repaired or save 'em all up for one big shipment?

Instead of inviting 100 of us to the beach they should have invited us to the worlds biggest Solstice gathering in Willmington! :lol:

Maybe time for a break, getting too bitter.

·
5,600 Posts
Hooray! This car would be slammed over any persistent leaks. This is a huge deal, especially in light of the high standards Lutz said they set for the Sosltice's water-tightness. I was beginning if it was just standard corporate double-talk.

If they have the leak problems completely fixed, that tremendously important.

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Or we should all go and hold up signs asking for our car so would could join those at the beach who have cars----

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Pterosaur said:
Thanks again deluke, any information is greatly appreciated.

I have a question: With 3500 cars waiting for ship how many require repair? All 3500? And do they plan on shipping as they are repaired or save 'em all up for one big shipment?

Instead of inviting 100 of us to the beach they should have invited us to the worlds biggest Solstice gathering in Willmington! :lol:

Maybe time for a break, getting too bitter.
I'm pretty sure they will ship them as they are fixed. I hope someone who is going to gathering will ask some questions. I really don't know how many are waiting for repairs I hear vins in to 3000, but not sure. I was told last wednesday the repair parts had just came in so I would imagine most cars that were made up to last week. But don't forget some have made it out. I don't know why, mine was one of them. I also needed a new deck seal but got it repaired at the dealership. I don't blame you guys for being bitter. But it shouldn't be too much longer. Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Fortimir said:
Since they obviously isolated it down to specific parts... I am curious as to exactly what the deal was.
I think an educated guess would be defective parts or parts not manufactured to specs.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
dylan01 said: "Deluke, how many people are in one crew?"

Counting the manager?

One.

Just kidding! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts