Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, let me start off by saying I have found this forum to be very knowledgeable and courteous. I am a long time lurker, first time poster, so take it easy on me.

I had a chance to see a soltice in person about a month ago. It was a striking deep blue color as I watched it zip by me on the interstate. Beauitful, but I figured there was no reason to stir up commotion on the boards.

Well, the day to stir the pot has arrived.

On my way to work (commuting from Memphis, TN to Southaven, MS) I saw a truckload of cars headed the other direction.

I took a hard look.

The truck was full of the new Chevy HHRs. They're hidious. But on the tail end were two Solstice, one black, one green. No doubt that they're on their way home.

Now I can't confirm that they're headed towards a dealership. In fact, I found myself second guessing two Pontiacs on a trailer with Chevy SUVs. But, I guess it isn't a big deal since they're all GM?

I just hope they're on their way to making someone very happy.

As a humerous side note (well, humerous to me), the truck was being followed by another truck full of new Jettas and Audis. I got tickled at the small amount of shielding on the Jettas vs. the head-to-toe covering on the Audis. It just struck me as funny.

A friend of mine is a Service Tech at the Pontiac/GM/Hummer dealership down the road. He is going to inform me first thing when he knows something and, of course, I will post any updates I recieve.

This news should brighten someones day.

-Justin

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
jmt said:
The truck was full of the new Chevy HHRs. They're hidious. But on the tail end were two Solstice, one black, one green. No doubt that they're on their way home.
I couldn't disagree more. The HHR will be very popular. I love it's original look, they have some in a parking lot in Oshawa and I've sat in one and been through it and I was very impressed. It'll be a head turner just like the Sol will. Plue it's REALLY cheep. It's only $18,000 CND! I don't know what the US price is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really?

This is the first time I've seen one, but they look like an SSR, an H3, and a PT Cruiser got a little wild and crazy one night after the bar.

Just not my cup of tea I don't guess.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You know, now that I think about it, they might just have been demos. I don't remember seeing any of the normal protective white cladding on the bodys.

I assume they're being shipped with it? The HHR's had it.

This is racking my brains. :willy:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
As a humerous side note (well, humerous to me), the truck was being followed by another truck full of new Jettas and Audis. I got tickled at the small amount of shielding on the Jettas vs. the head-to-toe covering on the Audis. It just struck me as funny.

Audi is very particular about protecting there cars in shipping. My 2005 Audi A4 Convertible was delivered perfect, just as I ordered! Looking for the same type of service from Pontiac with my Solstice! :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
jmt said:
Really?

This is the first time I've seen one, but they look like an SSR, an H3, and a PT Cruiser got a little wild and crazy one night after the bar.

C'mon! That thing is beautiful! and "Practical".

Hell I might buy it for a winter beater.. lol.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
jmt said:
Really?

Man. How could anyone with half a brain ever buy something so hideously ug...

errr... uhhh.. nevermind. :leaving:

/sarcasm off/

·
Registered
184 Posts
:agree:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
The designer of the PT Cruiser IS the designer of the HHR, imagine that! His job was to add a touch of the SSR as well as the original Suburban from the 50's. Damn fine job, IIMSSM.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
AztekzRpurty said:
Man. How could anyone with half a brain ever buy something so hideously ug...
I don't think you're qualified to judge people's taste in cars with a name link "Aztekz R Purty". :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
achieftain said:
The designer of the PT Cruiser IS the designer of the HHR, imagine that! His job was to add a touch of the SSR as well as the original Suburban from the 50's. Damn fine job, IIMSSM.
Speaking of the PT cruiser, has anyone seen the convertable PT? Man is that thing weird looking! IMO it's got the shape of a shopping cart with all the appeal!

Oh well, some people must love it because I see them everywhere. There is not a car I see more of on a regualr basic then it.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
HHR's are on lots at dealers around here. My take on the styling... they are similar to a PT Cruiser, but I'd never confuse the two. There are some differences. The PT comes to a more dramatic point in the front end, remeniscent of the Prowler. The HHR has a more verticle, prounounced grille.

I am not overly crazy about the styling of either, but I'd prefer them to a non-descript wagon like a Mazda3, Pontiac Vibe, or other similar 5 door hatch that blends in.

·
Registered
184 Posts

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
SlipSlider said:
I don't think you're qualified to judge people's taste in cars with a name link "Aztekz R Purty". :lol: :lol:
That was my point. ;) I've bought something hideous. :lol:

Sarcasm is so hard to pull off in written form...

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Ya know, I never thought I would say anything nice about the PT, but that pickup version is kinda cool looking!

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Still think they blew it by not offering a panel version. I'd buy one at least, if they did. And as others have said, it's got more personality than the normal small, tall, four door, FWD people mover. You can't deny it does stand out from the crowd. Anyone seen the Jesse James chopped top version?

·
Registered
936 Posts
I have never seen such an out right copy cat verson of another auto makers car. The first thing I thought when I saw the picture is PT Cruiser. I will give it credit for being nicer than the PT.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts