Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$498 shipped to my house for all 4. no lugs or any accessories. just the wheels.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I actually think it's a terrible deal. Give me that guys number so I can let him know he shouldn't rip people off. :yesnod:

·
Registered
628 Posts
specs? if they are 18 x 8.5 that's pretty normal (however they usually throw in some locking lugs too since they're $10- I know I have a parts business)--- in fact 19's should be close to the same price!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
factory size. i have a set of red anodized lugs on the way that i want to use. i dont like the big wheel look and im happy with the factory size. plus my tires still have lots of life in them and didnt need new ones yet. im happy with the look. gonna do a little custom red paint on the wheels to accent them and im finished with the exterior.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
next on teh choppping block is suspension and chassis improvements. i'll probably go with just an eibach sport spring and then the DDM backbone and braces on the front and rear.

·
Registered
628 Posts
May I make a suggestion??

Kappasphere Re-Bar in red for the rear
BC Coilovers
Cobalt SS BBK (powdercoat them Calipers red like your car)

and you my friend would have a real sexy bitch on your hands...

By "bitch" I mean, like that one hot bitch you see everyday at work with the white tee-shirt and a sheer bra; that has the gaul to give the stink-eye when you stair at her sweater cows, yeah THAT bitch--- Trust me-- I'm not sexist, cuz bitches hate that shlt

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
I think the red lugz would look sharp and ditto what x said about bitches.:devil:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
May I make a suggestion??

Kappasphere Re-Bar in red for the rear
BC Coilovers
Cobalt SS BBK (powdercoat them Calipers red like your car)

and you my friend would have a real sexy bitch on your hands...

By "bitch" I mean, like that one hot bitch you see everyday at work with the white tee-shirt and a sheer bra; that has the gaul to give the stink-eye when you stair at her sweater cows, yeah THAT bitch--- Trust me-- I'm not sexist, cuz bitches hate that shlt
The Re-bar doesnt fit with my Magnaflow exhaust.

I'm not paying $1000 to lower my car an inch. i don't drive autoX. 95% to and from work.

Gonna be going with a set of EBC USR rotors and ill have the stock calipers powder coated when that happens. Plus ill use a set of nice EBC pads to go along with it. again, its a to and from work car. no autoX. maybe the local 1/4 mile strip at most.

·
Registered
628 Posts
The Re-bar doesnt fit with my Magnaflow exhaust.

I'm not paying $1000 to lower my car an inch. i don't drive autoX. 95% to and from work.

Gonna be going with a set of EBC USR rotors and ill have the stock calipers powder coated when that happens. Plus ill use a set of nice EBC pads to go along with it. again, its a to and from work car. no autoX. maybe the local 1/4 mile strip at most.
Whoa whoa whoa- it was just a suggestion Margaret Thatcher

BTW for about $200.00 than your current idea for brakes you can get the cobalt SS calipers, rotors and pads (which are bigger and waaaaay better at stopping than the stock single piston)- if you get used Calipers you get the BBK installed for the same price as your upgrade.

I can save you money on the 1/4 mile--- at best you're running a 13.1!

Also the BC's will lower greater than an inch and provide better dampening which makes for a better when daily driving and launching at the track-- but hey, it's your carriage, Cindarella!

All joking aside... good luck on the build.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Whoa whoa whoa- it was just a suggestion Margaret Thatcher

BTW for about $200.00 than your current idea for brakes you can get the cobalt SS calipers, rotors and pads (which are bigger and waaaaay better at stopping than the stock single piston)- if you get used Calipers you get the BBK installed for the same price as your upgrade.

I can save you money on the 1/4 mile--- at best you're running a 13.1!

Also the BC's will lower greater than an inch and provide better dampening which makes for a better when daily driving and launching at the track-- but hey, it's your carriage, Cindarella!

All joking aside... good luck on the build.
all i want is an inch. im already dragging my IC on ****. just wanna lost a little fender well.

arent you that one guy that doesnt even own a solstice anymore? 4-door grocery getter forums are that way ------->

·
Registered
263 Posts
Whoa...

I like the wheels though. I think the black goes great with your car and I love the red lug nut idea. And for less than 500, what did you have to lose

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Super Moderator
16,547 Posts
I really enjoyed your pictures. Back when Punisher was factory red, I had stock Motegi's on it and it looked very similar to yours.:thumbs:

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
dont worry guys, no ill intent. we're just goofin off. i REALLY wanted a staggered set of wheels but they just arent out there anymore. I even went as far as trying to contact a few manufacturers directly to see if i can order a custom set and was met with silence. i was willing to pay whatever price they would have put on a pair of wheels that i wanted in 18x9.5 rear and 18x8 front. mainly the TSW Snetterton or the Niche Circuit M110 in matte black. i guess the voice of the customer no longer applies when it comes to wheels. its take what they offer or dont take it at all.

·
Registered
628 Posts
dont worry guys, no ill intent. we're just goofin off. i REALLY wanted a staggered set of wheels but they just arent out there anymore. I even went as far as trying to contact a few manufacturers directly to see if i can order a custom set and was met with silence. i was willing to pay whatever price they would have put on a pair of wheels that i wanted in 18x9.5 rear and 18x8 front. mainly the TSW Snetterton or the Niche Circuit M110 in matte black. i guess the voice of the customer no longer applies when it comes to wheels. its take what they offer or dont take it at all.
Too bad you mounted them already... there's a guy in SoCal that'll stretch your wheels-- I want to say he charges 75.00 a wheel!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
What's the offset of those tsw's?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts