Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Get a name and address of the profiteers that already have cars on ebay and report them to GM...bet they lose their car! One has it at 36K, the other has it at 50K...gotta love these guys...buy a limited production car just to resell it.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
If GM really cared about it, they would get the names themselves from Ebay. It hasn't been a secret that this has been going on.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Reselling for Profit

I'm watching those auctions to see if they get any bites. It would be really hard to say no to someone offering $50K for a $25K car.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Good point Del...I've been tracking the auctions too. I'd much rather take a premium on the car and wait for the GT or trade up to a Porsche or Mercedes.

What I think should be reported and is wrong...is for a dealer (see below) to be selling four of the first 1000 EOP on EBAY. They clearly violated the rules of the program and prevented consumers from fairly participating.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4543914319&category=6386

·
Registered
121 Posts
Welcome to a capitalist socitety people.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GM is watching...that was mentioned to me when I talked to Pontiac Marketing this morning...the lady made comments that they were watching Ebay on top of other "sales" arenas...maybe they will let these guys think they have cars coming til after they get their bids...In all honesty, it would be pretty easy...and then how are you going to handle this person you just gouged for 25K on the other end of the email? I can see all the lawsuits in that one!! Good luck to all of you selling the cars for a profit...I hope you make it and the people that buy the car truly love it...but for me...the car won't be leaving the family for quite some time. Not meant to flame anyone...just that I feel for all the solstice fans that didn't get a first 1000 that would have loved to!

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
From Jim Mateja's column in Sun-Sentinel 04/15/05
"Our goal is to generate excitement, not drive up the price, but if some move on to eBay, and I'm certain that's likely, that's up to them," [Pontiac spokesman Jim]Hopson said.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Atleast the 4 at teh DEalership will be recycled that dealership Violated the rules, of the program:

Dealerships, advertising and promotion agencies, and those associated with the development, distribution or implementation of this promotion, their immediate families (including parents, in-laws, siblings, children, spouse or partners, regardless of where they live) and members of the same household, whether related or not, are not eligible to participate.

·
Registered
403 Posts
It looks like the dealer is trying to sell his regular allocation under the guise of the EOP First 1000 . . . buyer may have a case of fraud to take up with eBay . . .

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
general said:
Good point Del...I've been tracking the auctions too. I'd much rather take a premium on the car and wait for the GT or trade up to a Porsche or Mercedes.

What I think should be reported and is wrong...is for a dealer (see below) to be selling four of the first 1000 EOP on EBAY. They clearly violated the rules of the program and prevented consumers from fairly participating.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4543914319&category=6386
Here is the EOP phone number, call and complain! I am going to.
866-539-0256

But, if you call they cannot tell you your time of order, or number in line just to let you know. My order printout missed the time so the dealer tried to get it for me and they told him they couldn't. BTW, my time was 1:47 CST.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Dealer Violations

general said:

:agree:
I agreed with this! Dealers who ordered the cars under false pretenses should be fined or dealership license suspended. They did nothing but cheat the people who have waited for this special event.

If you were lucky enough to get one of the first 1000 allotment then you deserve your car. What you decide to do with it is purely your choice; not the dealers.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Theorhetically, though FAR from likely, this guy could have had 4 legitimate customers that ordered under the EOP. He then convinced them somehow to give up their cars in exchange for *something.* Those cars will count against his allocation, sure... but he can now sell them as exclusive "first 1,000" cars for a premium.

That's the only loophole I can fathom that might possibly get this slimeball through the process legitimately.

HOWEVER, this auction still violates E-bay rules. Here is E-bay's policy on pre-sale listings:

Pre-sale Listings are those that advertise the sale of items that are not in the control or possession of the seller at the time of the listing. These listings generally consist of items that are sold in advance of a delivery date to the general public.

eBay does permit pre-sales on a limited basis, as long as the seller guarantees that the item will be available for shipping within 30 days from the date of purchase (i.e., the day the listing ends or the date the item is purchased from a store front listing).

A seller who lists a pre-sale item on eBay must clearly indicate within the listing the fact that the item is a pre-sale item and a delivery date that indicates the item will be shipped by the 30th day from the end date of the listing. Additionally, this text must be no less than the default font size of the eBay Sell Your Item form. Currently the default font size is HTML font size 3. eBay will end any listing that is a pre-sale which does not include this information.

Such a policy ensures that bidders can pay for an item and still have the option to use eBay's feedback system, Fraud Protection Program and other protections.

eBay, at it's discretion, for special promotional events, may approve a 1st party manufacturer to sell an item outside of the 30-day pre-sale guideline so long as the first-party manufacturer is supplying the actual item for sale. These exceptions will be made for certain promotions and must be approved prior to listing items for sale on eBay that fit the exception above.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
GM...Pontiac Marketing...IS looking into the EBAY thing...as mentioned when I talked to them earlier...EBAY specifically came up...and that dealer in Miami is probably in trouble. I know the individuals on there are risking their delivery...maybe you guys on the waitlist will have some luck...I keep my fingers crossed for you

·
Registered
31 Posts
Pontiac marketing care ???

Pontiac could care less about people selling cars on e-bay . They don't even care about all those people who played within there EOP and got screwed !! :brentil: :brentil: :brentil:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts