Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Sol Patrol,

Being on this forum everyday looking for scraps of information isn't getting my (or anyone else's) Soltice here any faster. Everytime I sit down at my computer I log on to the forum as if some good news will appear. Nobody knows what's really going on, or nobody is saying what is really going on. Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to wait for my car. But being on this site every day just seems to call attention to the waiting, and raises my frustration level. I just have to put the car out of my mind until I get a surprise call at the old folks home. Ofcourse, by then, we'll have flying cars and the Solstice will be obsolete. Also, many thanks to Small Dealer, Cricket, Lac, GMlinedog etc. for generously sharing the information at their disposal. Congrats to everyone that is already driving. I have never once resented you. Okay, maybe a little. I have to get back to my life, my wife, my kids, my girlfriend, my bass etc. I am removing the forum from my bookmarks so I won't be tempted to look. Maybe I'll see you guys in a month (11/18). Have a Happy Halloween. I'm sure the forum will be a better place without me. Send me a PM if you hear anything good. I mean-- REALLY GOOD! Otherwise, will the last person to leave please turn out the lights.

Lying in wait,

Chester P. Rockwell III, Esq.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Well, in spite of the frustrations, I enjoy it here. Even if I'm not able to find one, I'm sticking around. I do understand what you're saying, though, because occasionally it's depressing.
Does your wife know about your girlfriend? :leaving:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Editguy said:
Well, in spite of the frustrations, I enjoy it here. Even if I'm not able to find one, I'm sticking around. I do understand what you're saying, though, because occasionally it's depressing.
Does your wife know about your girlfriend? :leaving:
She does now. :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
ChestRockwell said:
Otherwise, will the last person to leave please turn out the lights.
Only a few are leaving. Like Tom Bodet said, "We'll leave the light on for you."

Aw, Solsticeman, you beat me to it while I was taking a call. :lol:

·
Registered
137 Posts
I am tempted to do the same.
Found out as of yesterday 101686 is still at the factory :leaving: :brentil:

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
ChestRockwell said:
Dear Sol Patrol,

Being on this forum everyday looking for scraps of information isn't getting my (or anyone else's) Soltice here any faster. Everytime I sit down at my computer I log on to the forum as if some good news will appear. Nobody knows what's really going on, or nobody is saying what is really going on. Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to wait for my car. But being on this site every day just seems to call attention to the waiting, and raises my frustration level. I just have to put the car out of my mind until I get a surprise call at the old folks home. Ofcourse, by then, we'll have flying cars and the Solstice will be obsolete. Also, many thanks to Small Dealer, Cricket, Lac, GMlinedog etc. for generously sharing the information at their disposal. Congrats to everyone that is already driving. I have never once resented you. Okay, maybe a little. I have to get back to my life, my wife, my kids, my girlfriend, my bass etc. I am removing the forum from my bookmarks so I won't be tempted to look. Maybe I'll see you guys in a month (11/18). Have a Happy Halloween. I'm sure the forum will be a better place without me. Send me a PM if you hear anything good. I mean-- REALLY GOOD! Otherwise, will the last person to leave please turn out the lights.

Lying in wait,

Chester P. Rockwell III, Esq.
That’s funny. My wife told me this morning that I must be driving the people at work crazy because I’m driving her crazy anticipating the arrival of this car.
I told her that for making that statement her punishment is no rides in the Solstice for one month. Sort of a Solstice quarantine, if you know what I mean. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
flaj said:
That’s funny. My wife told me this morning that I must be driving the people at work crazy because I’m driving her crazy anticipating the arrival of this car.
I told her that for making that statement her punishment is no rides in the Solstice for one month. Sort of a Solstice quarantine, if you know what I mean. :lol: :lol:
At this point that is a hollow threat. ;)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
What??????

ChestRockwell said:
I have to get back to my life, my wife, my kids, my girlfriend, my bass etc. I am removing the forum from my bookmarks so I won't be tempted to look.
Did you say you have to get back to your wife, kids and "girlfriend"? Did anyone else pick-up on what he said? Hope your wife doesn't read the forum info......... :willy:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
ntouched said:
Did you say you have to get back to your wife, kids and "girlfriend"? Did anyone else pick-up on what he said? Hope your wife doesn't read the forum info......... :willy:
Um, I don't want to pick on you, but I don't think you read the responses closely enough. :lol:

·
5,600 Posts
:agree:

Waiting sucks. Checking here everyday is a lot like watching the clock at work. Every time you look at it, you have hours to go before quitting time and it makes the day seem to take forever. If you just work hard then everytime you turn around, it is either lunch time or time to go home.

Go find something fun to do and before you know it, your car will be here.

Have fun with it.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
The Waiting Game.......

jimbo said:
:agree:

Waiting sucks. Checking here everyday is a lot like watching the clock at work. Every time you look at it, you have hours to go before quitting time and it makes the day seem to take forever. If you just work hard then everytime you turn around, it is either lunch time or time to go home.

Go find something fun to do and before you know it, your car will be here.

Have fun with it.
I use to make fun of these guys with 500+ post, now it seems I'm almost there myself! I think the forum could be looked at two ways. One, it can make the wait seem longer or it can ease the pain of the wait. For me, it has definitely eased the pain of the craziness from GM. Well, at least I have a VIN # now........ :lol:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I gave up and stopped thinking about my Sol. The next moring, to my Surprise. the next morining I got the call. 1145 Mitch :cool:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Be sure to stop back in after you have the Sol and let us know what you think of it! :cheers:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Be sure to stop back in after you have the Sol and let us know what you think of it! :cheers:
I'd be more interested in what his wife and girlfriend think of the SOL.! :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
del_utz said:
I'd be more interested in what his wife and girlfriend think of the SOL.! :lol:
He didn't say how big his bass was and what lure and line he used to catch it and why is he keeping it around???

1 - 17 of 17 Posts