Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Without wanting to start ranting...I am simply tired of the hard time I have had trying to obtain a Solstice. AND...with all the problems I have been reading about...and seeing on the F1K's...well I just have lost my "need" for one. I will probably get one at some point in my life...and if so it will be a turbo IF they make one and the quality improves. But for now..I have cancelled my order and will part from the forum wishing each and every one of you a hearty GOOD LUCK! Enjoy your cars. :grouphug:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
You don't have to leave the forum. There are a number of people here that don't plan on getting one for a long time, and a few that never plan on getting one. Hang around, have fun!

·
Registered
819 Posts
A Dawg without a Sol. That's just wrong!! Come back and see us at times, Dawg. We enjoy yoour insight. :thumbs:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
deepdawg said:
Without wanting to start ranting...I am simply tired of the hard time I have had trying to obtain a Solstice. AND...with all the problems I have been reading about...and seeing on the F1K's...well I just have lost my "need" for one. I will probably get one at some point in my life...and if so it will be a turbo IF they make one and the quality improves. But for now..I have cancelled my order and will part from the forum wishing each and every one of you a hearty GOOD LUCK! Enjoy your cars. :grouphug:
Stick around! We don't mind! :thumbs:

If you do part ways for now, check back around the time of the Detroit Auto Show. ;)

Also remember, with reported problems, that any internet forum is going to make any car look like junk in the tech and repair section, because the majority of happy owners who have reliable cars do not show up daily and make new threads stating they have no problems. The silent majority always outnumbers those who have problems and are discussing them.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Fformula88 said:

If you do part ways for now, check back around the time of the Detroit Auto Show. ;)

Also remember, with reported problems, that any internet forum is going to make any car look like junk in the tech and repair section, because the majority of happy owners who have reliable cars do not show up daily and make new threads stating they have no problems. The silent majority always outnumbers those who have problems and are discussing them.
:agree: Absolutely correct. And it's not just car related forums, it's forums related to any product.

·
4,592 Posts
DeepDawg, it's been great having you here, and hope you poke in from time to time!!! :)

Editguy said:
You don't have to leave the forum. There are a number of people here that don't plan on getting one for a long time, and a few that never plan on getting one. Hang around, have fun!
One nice thing about this forum is we've taken in those that might never own a Solstice, as long as they don't flame. That's probably because this forum's foundation was built on a car that went through the development/manufacturing phase recently. Thus, a lot of car talk in general set the stage for comparison purposes.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Clarice..............Clarice........., don't go. I'll pour you a glass of chianti! :devil:

This forum is about facts and fun. You've contributed to both.

I hope you come and see us but if you don't, thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Fformula88 said:

Agree, we tend to dissect everything and not discuss all the good stuff. Makes some things appear bigger than they are. Having said that first year models always do tend to have a few glitches :lol:

Hang around and check in on us Dawg, good luck.

·
4,592 Posts
Editguy said:
What's going on?? Here I was, having a good day, and then a couple of you decided to throw a downer on it?? :( Rodeo, you aren't just the Resident Troll, I've thought of you as the Super Moderator of Trolls! :D I can't even imagine it around here without your daily posts. Say it ain't so! :cryin: The only thing good I can take from this is that I can soon pass you in post count. :D Wow, I don't know what else to say.

EditGuy, I just put that post into it's own thread, if you don't mind, move this over there, thanks! See you there!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Okay, Rodeo, did you have a change of heart? I see you edited out the comments about not being here much anymore while I was posting my response (with many interruptions I might add. They seem to think this is a school where i work and educating should be taking place. Go figure!). So, what's the deal??? Was it a troll trick? ;)

OKAY, NEVERMIND, YOU'RE TOO FAST FOR ME. THAT'S WHY I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO CATCH YOU IN POST COUNT!
Oh, and I moved my post to the other thread. ;)

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Good luck to you, but like all the other members have said, come back from time to time and see what is going on with the Solstice.

·
Registered
120 Posts
problems?

the stories about so many people finally getting tired of waiting with minimal feedback from GM. Pontiac and several dealers is starting to be the rule rather than the exception. I spoke to my ex-salesman this morning and asked how many Solstices they had received. The dealer has a first allocation of six cars. He stated that four were built ready to ship, then recalled for unknown reasons. If they will not keep their dealers informed, is it any wonder that more people are becoming dis-illusioned and are canceling orders or deciding to wait. GM/Pontiac take heed, your large pre-order book is getting smaller, a little update sure would help.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Tribute to the Dogs on the Forum......

First the LineDog, now the DeepDawg. What's going on with our favorite "Online Canines"? May you all find the Tree's of happiness that all Dog's search for throughout life. May your barks be loud!

Keep the faith...... :cool:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Hey Dawg,

You joined July 05.

You should expect to wait 6 months like the rest of us to get a SOL.

Harley wannabes waited up to 2 years to get a bike! (not to many years ago.)

The Solstice is 100 times better than a Harley, I know believe me.

I never got into the first 1000, And today I'm glad. Most of the early problems have been taken care of by the time they made 1145.

If you can't wait that's fine. But if you want an awesome car, And I mean a drop dead Beauty, tell your salesman ASAP. Please keep the order in place. Mitch :cool:

·
2,574 Posts
ntouched said:
First the LineDog, now the DeepDawg. What's going on with our favorite "Online Canines"? May you all find the Tree's of happiness that all Dog's search for throughout life. May your barks be loud!

Keep the faith...... :cool:

We'll leave the light on for you Dawg, good luck, touch base....

-the bird

·
Registered
705 Posts
Some strong personalities leaving the forum...I totally understand. Heck I got a VIN # and every day I wonder if it's worth the wait! Sorry to see you and the Rodeo go, liked what you both brought to the table!

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
MITCH said:
Hey Dawg,

Harley wannabes waited up to 2 years to get a bike! (not to many years ago.)

The Solstice is 100 times better than a Harley, I know believe me.

tell your salesman ASAP. Please keep the order in place. Mitch :cool:
Dawg, stick around and play. Now the rest of this dissertation take with a grain of salt and a wink of the eye:

you didn't pay attention in school when I taught this lesson ways back. Almost every Harley is sold to a waiting list at the dealer level where wannabes plunk down $1000 to secure their place in line. When their number comes up they get the call and hopefully the bike they are offered is the one they get. Now here is where it gets "verrrry interestink". Sell your spot for $2k to someone not on the list; you get back your original 1 plus a bonus 1. Put 1 back as a deposit and get in at the bottom of the line again. Repeat this 15 times and you have the current price of a Harley created with OPM.

Now expand your horizons, do the same with a Sol, but this time charge $5k over your $1000 deposit. Let the dealer keep your deposit plus another 1 so he lets you continue the charade and agrees to sell at MSRP. With the remaining 2 deposit 1 with the dealer for the next turn and bank the other 1 for the car you will get. Repeat this process 25 times and what will you have. If you are lucky, in 12.5 years the Sol will still be in production, you will have pissed off 25 people who now realize that for directly giving the dealer $2k they could buy at MSRP without you. :jester:

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Hey Dawg, don't leave. The forum even allowed me to stay when I was Miata-Man. No hard feelings in this group. Stick around and give us your input.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I Know The Feeling

Having only recently made the same decision to buy some other set of wheels (2001 S2K) and enjoy them while I am still young enough to drive, I appreciate his decision in the canceling the order area, but not in leaving. Hang around man, and watch the vehicle progress (if it does), and then you will know a lot more to make an educated decision about buying in the future. This is a great forum for that. Do not walk away from this kind of free, hands-on, education about what could turn out to be a pretty good little car in a year or two . . . :agree: :agree:

David

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
bigjon said:
the stories about so many people finally getting tired of waiting with minimal feedback from GM. Pontiac and several dealers is starting to be the rule rather than the exception. ... If they will not keep their dealers informed, is it any wonder that more people are becoming dis-illusioned and are canceling orders or deciding to wait. GM/Pontiac take heed, your large pre-order book is getting smaller, a little update sure would help.
:agree: :agree:

Hate to see you go - so don't. The only thing that has kept me sane is long ago, I accepted that my car wouldn't be here before Christmas (I don't really know this - pure conjecture). If Christmas comes and goes without a Solstice under my tree, I'll probably have to join you.

:seeya:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts