Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need new tires. The RSAs that came with the car are done. Got 54,000 out of them. They were terrible tires in the rain. At the suggestion of a Tire Rack guy, I'm looking at the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric all season tire.

Anybody using these on a Solstice, or Sky? Good in the rain?

Thanks in advance!:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
We have the Eagle GT tires on one of our Skys, and I really like them. Very good tires in heavy rain and light snow. Since you are in CA, I wouldn't think that you would need a full all season tire. The GT has a strip of all season on the inside, and the rest of the tire is an aggressive summer tread. They stick like glue in the summer, but still provide good sticking power in colder weather. And most of all they are waaaaaaaaaaaaay better in heavy rain than the F1 summer only tires that came stock on the turbo cars, which is what both of our Skys are. But be aware, if you go with the GTs, that these are a performance oriented tire that will have a much shorter life span. They are gooey, so will wear out much quicker. But if you want to stick in the corners, that is the trade off. I still have the factory F1 summer only on my car. My wife's has the new GTs. She can completely stomp me in the corners, no contest. I have to back off the throttle way more than she does. Tires make a huge difference.

I absolutely hate the fricken F1 summer tires. They are complete crap in the rain and don't even stick that well on a dry hot summer day.

I looked at the F1 asymmetric all seasons online just now. They at least look like a good all season tread. So probably a good compromise and should perform well in the rain.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have the F1 asymmetric summer tires. The summer tires are very good and i suspect the all season tires are equally fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts