Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen some recommendations for people to use the Goodyear GS-D3 tires if they want a summer only tire replacement for the RS-A's that come standard on the Sol. However, I have not seen any comments from people who may have them. So I am curious, has anyone repleaced their RS-A tires yet? If so, did the new tires make noticeable improvements? Are you happy with them?

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Fformula88 said:
I have seen some recommendations for people to use the Goodyear GS-D3 tires if they want a summer only tire replacement for the RS-A's that come standard on the Sol. However, I have not seen any comments from people who may have them. So I am curious, has anyone repleaced their RS-A tires yet? If so, did the new tires make noticeable improvements? Are you happy with them?
I will be posting pictures of more Mods to my Aggressive Solstice, in a few minutes, that include the F1's GS-D3.
Here is the link to the thread.:

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=132749&postcount=50

·
Registered
120 Posts
Replacement Tires

Had wanted to replace mine with Michelin Pilot Sport PS/2 tires, but they aren't made in the correct size. Next choice is the tire you mentioned, they got very good ratings at tirerack.com. Don't have my car yet, so am also interested in anyone who has tried aftermarkets tires.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Fformula88 said:
I have seen some recommendations for people to use the Goodyear GS-D3 tires if they want a summer only tire replacement for the RS-A's that come standard on the Sol. Are you happy with them?
I didn't switch tires on my Solstice, I switched cars and had these tires on my 330Ci until Nov. 5th when I put on snows (Pirelli 210 Wintersport).

They are awesome tires. At freeway speeds 120km/h-140km/h (74-87mph) car feels like it is on rails. They corner like crazy, in fact they are almost too good on dry pavement. I have been able to spin them in wet from launch, haven't pushed them in the wet on corners. They came out on top in Car and Driver's test.

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=4&article_id=10252&page_number=1

·
Registered
120 Posts
F1 it is

Forty Nine, thanks for the information, I will definately get the F1s as soon as my Sol arrives. Formula, will let you know how they work out. Also, Formula, a local Goodyear dealer here in Nashville is gonna give me some significant credit on a trade-in for the tires that come on the Sol, but only if they've been driven less than 25 miles.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
I give you a hint, do it while the car is at the dealership.
Good Luck
PS: Remember these are Summer only tires, no snow for them.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
when my E-RSA's are used up I'll switch to the Gs D3's

·
Registered
8,664 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
LatinVenom said:
I will be posting pictures of more Mods to my Aggressive Solstice, in a few minutes, that include the F1's GS-D3.
Sweet tires.... hope they offer those as an upgrade on the GXP.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
Great pixs LV, makes it easy to understand why everyone wants to live in California. :thumbs:
Yeah, he had his camera mounted on a special tripod.

It moves with the earth during the earthquakes so the photos don't come out blurred. :)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Florida, California, it is all the same to someone living in the Great White North.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the thoughts on these tires so far! I look forward to seeing some more in depth reviews! :cheers:

·
Registered
142 Posts
260AA rating for the RSA's Vs. a 280AAA on the F1 GS-G3's, plus the killer tread pattern. Tire Rack sells them at nearly the same price $211 Vs. $214. I just emailed my dealer to see if we can work something out on take-offs/trade out upon delivery. Fingers crossed...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts