Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't take it any more, and I bought Mustang! Candy-apple Red Mustang GT Convertible, black leather interior, Premium package, Shaker 1000 sound system. It called out to me and I couldn't resist.

It's been fun guys, and I hope you all get your Solstices soon.

·
4,592 Posts
danielwsc said:
I couldn't take it any more, and I bought Mustang! Candy-apple Red Mustang GT Convertible, black leather interior, Premium package, Shaker 1000 sound system. It called out to me and I couldn't resist.

:thumbs:

If you come back online, and you don't mind sharing, how much did you pay relative to msrp/sticker?

Enjoy the new ride!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
danielwsc said:

Congratulations, but BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smash: Say it ain't so!!!!

·
Registered
383 Posts
As I am working at a Ford dealership, I was considering the Mustang also. However, the cars have a problem with their driveshafts breaking. That, plus the difference of $5000 minimum in price, is what swayed me to order a Solstice instead. It also occured that there will be many more people with Mustangs (owned and rentals) than there will be Solsti !

·
4,592 Posts
deepdawg said:
As I am working at a Ford dealership, I was considering the Mustang also. However, the cars have a problem with their driveshafts breaking. That, plus the difference of $5000 minimum in price, is what swayed me to order a Solstice instead. It also occured that there will be many more people with Mustangs (owned and rentals) than there will be Solsti !
SO good question, how long do we have to wait to see if the Soltice evelpos problems like the mustang, enough to keep us away???? Months it would seem since the mustang has been out for months. Cofirm please and let the quinea pig tests begin.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RODEO said:
:thumbs:

If you come back online, and you don't mind sharing, how much did you pay relative to msrp/sticker?

Enjoy the new ride!
I paid sticker. It's a 2005, and 2006's are coming in soon, so they were willing to deal and not charge the usual $1000 over. I checked on Edmunds before I went to the dealer and the True Market Value was the same as sticker, so I didn't argue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
deepdawg said:
.... It also occured that there will be many more people with Mustangs (owned and rentals) than there will be Solsti !
Deepdawg, you are so right; probalby over a million within 5 years. I am never going to have people gawking at me, and that would have been kinda nice. But 300 hp of V8 power make up for it a little. :cool:

·
Registered
383 Posts
danielwsc said:
Deepdawg, you are so right; probalby over a million within 5 years. I am never going to have people gawking at me, and that would have been kinda nice. But 300 hp of V8 power make up for it a little. :cool:
Check to see if your dealer has changed your drive shaft yet. We have had 3..maybe 4, that have broken or become loose. Rather embarassing when you have a brand new car berak on the test drive. Im not sure of the exact reason why they are having this problem...but make sure your service manager is aware and maybe they cam do a quick check up on yours to see. Good luck. Also...sticker wasnt a bad price for that car.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Congratulations on you purchase of a car that'll probably be as much fun as a Solstice (convertible, V8, etc) and is actually more "sensible" (larger trunk, rear seat-ett, not having to wait, etc). But shame on you for giving in to "sensible." Non-sense Rules! :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RODEO said:
SO good question, how long do we have to wait to see if the Soltice evelpos problems like the mustang, enough to keep us away???? Months it would seem since the mustang has been out for months. Cofirm please and let the quinea pig tests begin.
I joined the Mustang forum and yes there have been quite a few problems; slow fuel filling, skipping CDs, popping sounds from the suspension, and broken driveshafts. The good news is they are all fixed on the production line and dealers have received TSB's to fix cars already sold. I have no problem with mine so far, and I've checked for all the usual faults.

The Solstice will be similar I'm sure; minor problems with quick fixes.

·
4,592 Posts
danielwsc said:
I joined the Mustang forum and yes there have been quite a few problems; slow fuel filling, skipping CDs, popping sounds from the suspension, and broken driveshafts. The good news is they are all fixed on the production line and dealers have received TSB's to fix cars already sold. I have no problem with mine so far, and I've checked for all the usual faults.

The Solstice will be similar I'm sure; minor problems with quick fixes.
Thanks Daniel, good to hear they can get these problems fixed on the line that fast! I'm not an EOP Sol buyer, so I've got time on my side.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Congrats on your new Mustang! They are also very nice cars! Certainly different than a Solstice will be, but 300 HP under your right foot certainly can be entertaining! Just be careful, don't go picking up speeding tickets! :)

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
RODEO said:
Rodeo, you're from Los Angeles. Be careful with your political correctness.

Instead of "guinea pig", please refer to it as a "beta site"

or you may get some leftover paint thrown on you by a member of Peta :lol:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Congratulations, I too am tempted by them every time I see one. Then I look at gas prices and the difference in sticker price, and am glad I'm getting a Solstice. I don't blame you though, those cars are so cool!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts