Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Primus, number 716 got a ride in the beautiful Mysterious number 111. My time was short but all my first impressions were positive! The car is striking and you can't have it in a parking lot for more than a minute until someone comes over and starts asking questions. (First to arrive was a Mini driver - he loved the Sol!) Even though I was offered the chance to drive, I was totally satisfied to ride! (Figured the owner of such a beautiful and exclusive new car should be the one and only to put the first miles on her.) The day was hot but the air worked great - even with the top down. The exhaust note is a beauty. Not too loud but just right - especially when you turn the key and get that first pop. The fit was fine for me and I actually had to move the seat up just a bit. (I am 5-9.5 and 172 pounds) The wheel can be in the way of the instruments but I can't see any way that can be avoided. I found a spot that worked for me and I suspect it will be the same for most of us. I wasn't sure at all that I would like the white instruments with red markings but after seeing it for real, I love the look. The chrome trim on the tach and else does cause severe reflections occasionally but the problem passes in a flash - pun intended. I suspect I will buff mine to a matt finish if I can figure a way to do it without scratching everything nearby. The black leather is really a very dark gray and it is absolutely beautiful. All the colors used on this baby work really well together. Someone spent some extra time on this pallet. The finishes of the interior are fine for a 20K car. My wife just bought a Toyota Solara and I think the finishes in the Solstice are better and certainly practical and functional for a convertible. The top goes down easily and takes very little time. Putting it up isn't much harder. Unfortunately, there is no where to push on the trunk without leaving your finger prints. More uses for driving gloves? Enough for now. Can't wait to get mine so I can get a better long term feel for the car. After having a Del Sol, this car will need to be a pleaser or I will be disappointed. I know, the Del Sol isn't much of a sports car but it sure is a fun little car - especially with the hard top off!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts