Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going through & fixing some various bits on my '08 as I wait for some paintwork to get completed ... I decided to get the 'ole code reader out & see what my illuminated CEL was all about.

I have a ... P0010, P0011, & P0442

From my initial research ... looks like I'm looking at replacing:
  • VALVE, CM/SHF POSN ACTR (EXHAUST) .... 12679100
  • VALVE, CM/SHF POSN ACTR (INTAKE) .... 12679099
  • SENSOR, CM/SHF POSN .... 12674704
  • VALVE, EVAP EMIS CNSTR PURGE SOL .... 12592015

Any additional insight??

Telephony Communication Device Portable communications device Gadget Finger
Communication Device Gadget Portable communications device Telephony Display device
Communication Device Gadget Finger Font Display device

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious
1,509 Posts
Check the electrical connection is snug by pushing down on the VVT / Cam Phasers connectors on top in front (bumper side) of the plugs.
if all is tight you may want to pull them and check that their metal screens are clean. Have some paper towels handy as they should dr oil upon removal.

worst case you replace them as they aren’t that expensive and still readily available.

you can also check your evap solenoid by removing and blowing on it. There is a DDM video on YouTube somewhere.
That’s another super cheap part.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
I would start by replacing your camshaft solenoids. Very easy...easier then changing a tire or oil. They sit at the top front of the engine. One for intake, one for exhaust. Held in with 1 screw each. Hardest part will be trying to remember which one is the exhaust and which one is the intake coming home from the parts store.

Reactions: HHGadget
1 - 4 of 4 Posts