Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After months of purposefully dragging my feet with GM OnStar and all the promotional Foo Foo mail they sent, I finally received an offer for 3 months free. I went out to drive to the bank and some errands and punched the blue button, thereby getting a voice and an offer to extend it to 5 months free. (As I will not drive the GXP during the winter I'll see how it goes with OnStar and cancel at the end of December.)

As a note, I asked her if I could complete the transaction while continuing to drive and she said yes, certainly. However, I had to pull over every few minutes and stop as she wanted more and more contact info. GRRR! They has to drive around for 10 minutes until I got a confirmation signal. Hope I never have to use it!:kiss:

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Be sure you cancel it and check to be sure they don't just keep on charging you - it has happened before.

Most people, myself included, find a cell phone as good or better, and certainly cheaper than OS. If you don't have it and have your car stolen, first thing you do is renew it so you can find the car - that is something a cell cannot do!

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Onstar 3 months free is also available to Canadian owners but...

For those Canadian Sol/Sky Owners, Onstar Canada notes that our cars need a $360.00 upgrade to our Onstar system to address network changes in Canada (loss of 2G). So make sure you check that out before attempting to reestablishing your onstar functionality.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thank for the tip! I called for the 3 month and they gave me an extra 2 months for giving them a credit card. Hopefully I didn't make a mistake by doing that, but a little bit of peace of mind on my upcoming road trip with no spare tire will help me sleep just a bit better.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think its a mistake. Just put a note on your (phone or PC) calendar for mid-December 2017, like I did, to cancel OnStar so you won't get billed. I will then perhaps restart again in late Spring 2018 if I want to travel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts