Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But she ain't gettin' it until I get mine!

She's been dealing with the same delivery delays as the rest of us - WalMart advertised it weeks ago - she can wait until mommy and daddy's car gets here next week (or so). It's going to be tough to hide it though. The box was HUGE! She already knows she's going to be Cinderella for Halloween. She doesn't know that her chariot is here, though!

I suppose if 101409 isn't here by 31 October, we'll go ahead and let her take it trick-or-treating anyway. Get a load of the trunkspace! It has more than the real car!! She'll get loads of candy in there!

Full review to follow...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Seriously - who is the jackass at GM that green lighted this??

Did it have to be Pink and baby Blue and covered with F*ing Cinderella sitckers?!?

Looks like GM has a Miata-guy on the inside :leaving:

·
Registered
944 Posts
what is wrong with you guys? You asked for more colors!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awwww :nopity:

Sounds wike someboddy's daddy wudn't buy dem the toys they wanted wen day were wittle.

Seriously how is this not a win-win marketing thing for GM, WalMart, and Disney? All three big, bad giant American companies that everyone loves to hate, by the way. Are you guys afraid this will further the perception of our beloved Solstice as a "chick car?"

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I am glad to see SOMEONE finally got their Solstice! :lol:

What's the big deal? So it is a toy Solstice aimed at young girls. No big deal. Not to me anyway.

I remember having a push pedal "general lee" when I was a kid. I loved that push pedal car. Sure, it was orange and not pink/blue, and it had NO cinderella stickers, but they are both just a kids toy.

I'd be more worried if GM offered the Sol with the Cinderella sticker package from the factory! :leaving:

·
Registered
41 Posts
2KWK4U said:

Sounds wike someboddy's daddy wudn't buy dem the toys they wanted wen day were wittle.
Admittedly, what I said was not nice. However, I do not believe I was the only one who made our feelings about the Cinderella Solstice personal towards those who do not feel the same. Patronizing somebody over the way they feel about something is not very respectful.

·
Registered
245 Posts
2KWK4U said:

Seriously how is this not a win-win marketing thing for GM, WalMart, and Disney? All three big, bad giant American companies that everyone loves to hate, by the way. Are you guys afraid this will further the perception of our beloved Solstice as a "chick car?"
:agree:

seriously, it is just a toy. i could see if somebody actually painted their car like that, that you would make fun of that... i would to, but it is just a toy.

but i don't think it is achick car though. it is a poor mans sports car... that i am in love with :lol:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Come on now!!!

I think it is cool, we have not seen a miata power wheel yet so what is the big deal.

Hey I may be getting one of those I will spray paint it black and place a batman sticker on the front and be all set, that is till I get the real thing.

Just checked they are out of stock as well I guess we will have to wait for the real thing and the toy version :cuss:

·
Registered
729 Posts
This toy car is cool!!

I wish I had a dad like you when I was a kid!!

These other guys who have nothing constructive to say should just move along to another thread or something. Geez, somebody does something nice for their kid and are criticized about it..............the nerve!!!!!

This is just for fun and just shows the passion for cars and the love for their kids!!

- bspate -

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
2KWK4U I'm jealouse. I think your daughters Solstice has more trunk space then mine does. :D

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
2KWK4U said:
But she ain't gettin' it until I get mine!
Full review to follow...
Man, they seriously FUBAR'ed the back end! And are the headlights just mirrors?

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
I think its cool that a girl can learn to drive a Sol at such an early age. And presumably be able to move right into the real thing in a dozen years. I might have to get my daughter one as well for her birthday this week (she turns 22!) She still harps on the fact that I never got her a Barbie Jeep (pink with flowers) or an elephant (she wanted a real one).

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
jester316 said:

seriously, it is just a toy. i could see if somebody actually painted their car like that, that you would make fun of that... i would to, but it is just a toy.

but i don't think it is achick car though. it is a poor mans sports car... that i am in love with :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
achieftain,
An ELEPHANT!!! As a father of three girls I can say your earlier years must have been fun. My girls always wanted a pony, not an elephant. Man the feeding cost would have been high, just like having a growing boy. :lol: Let the little girls enjoy their pink Solstices, I think it's great for them. As for everyone who picked on GM and Disney, shame, shame, shame. The little kid police will come and visit you in the middle of the night. :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Ex-Miata Man said:
achieftain,
An ELEPHANT!!! As a father of three girls I can say your earlier years must have been fun. My girls always wanted a pony, not an elephant. Man the feeding cost would have been high, just like having a growing boy. :lol: Let the little girls enjoy their pink Solstices, I think it's great for them. As for everyone who picked on GM and Disney, shame, shame, shame. The little kid police will come and visit you in the middle of the night. :lol:
I think she was worried about the lack of trunk on a pony. :lol:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.