Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well finally found my Solstice after years of sitting on the sidelines. '08 Sly with 7300 miles, a garage queen. Having too much fun, already put on 1500 miles in three weeks. :)

·
Premium Member
3,919 Posts
:party:

welcome to the party !

·
Registered
433 Posts
Well finally found my Solstice after years of sitting on the sidelines. '08 Sly with 7300 miles, a garage queen. Having too much fun, already put on 1500 miles in three weeks. :)
Nice! Congratulations! It was worth the wait! What color did you get?

Vanessa
GM Customer Service

·
Registered
292 Posts
Enjoy your new ride.
Come on spring.
LLLFLY

·
Super Moderator
16,390 Posts
Nice! Congratulations! It was worth the wait! What color did you get?

Vanessa
GM Customer Service
'08 Sly with 7300 miles

Sly = The 2008 SLY is a different and darker shade of gray compared to the 2007 model.

WA-411P

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
Congratulations and welcome! (Someone want to send the link of colors to Vanessa?) ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Welcome to the forum.

Show us some pics!
Just got a new Camera so will post some up soon, thanks for the welcome everyone!
I really love this car and was torn between building my own (Cobra) or buying the solstice and the solstice won the day. I grew up around the MG's and Triumphs and always wanted a NA convertible sports car and this one is perfect in every way (could go on a diet though)
Now the issue is do I grab one of the bikes for a ride or the SOL lol man this is going to be tough on the bikes, I don't think they are very happy about the whole situation!

As far as finding the car it was quite a story to say the least and my brother in law still thinks I have a lucky horse shoe stuck up my backside :lol:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My plans for the car is to just have fun and maybe get into some autocross, I will not go the power adder route, I love the simplicity of NA cars and if I want to go to the drag strip I'll take my son's 68 nova we built for that type of ride. I want to make this thing handle and maybe get it as light as possible to utilize the power it already has. I believe in improving my ability as a driver before trying to add power because i'm a lousy driver :( and compensating for something! :lol:
All mods will be with the intent of being able to get the car back to original so mostly replacement parts and bolt on's and saving all the original parts.
So I really have a lot of reading and research to do :lurk:

anyway thanks for the welcome and hope to hook up sometime with some local Sol owners and see what might be possible. :grouphug: :thumbs:

·
Registered
199 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Wow congratulations. Considering you are one of the original members of this forum, and you got the car in 2012=awesome
again, congratulations

Bert

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Congratulations! Nice to know there are more NA lovers on the forum. Enjoy to the max.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts