Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At 2:38 Eastern time, my dealer finally got thru, and I have my confirmation number :lol: . They were told that I will be getting a call to verify my data.

Rogobuck

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yikes

Was @ Sewell here in Dallas earlier and nothing was going through.

Just got a call from the manager and he said I was on the wait list... may be the most disappointing experience ever. After years of waiting for the Solstice to come to fruition, it's no wonder why this is my first GM experience.

Interesting article in the NY Times today about GM and the downward spiral... they certainly aren't going to woo many of us European auto drivers back to US models with execution like this.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I'm pissed because they say ET and not EST, and that's very confusing... but made all the difference. I'm on a waiting list, because of 30 minutes.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
We actually tried at 1PM just incase... but the server was so busy, we were sure it was going to be 2PM.
I'm very disappointed with GM in this matter.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Rogobuck said:
At 2:38 Eastern time, my dealer finally got thru, and I have my confirmation number :lol: . They were told that I will be getting a call to verify my data.

Rogobuck
My order was confirmed at 2:35 EST.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Got it!!!

after 40 minutes of refreshing the order screen...got in...My dealer got 3 of the first 1000 and 3 wait lists....Basically the 10000+- computers the 2000 dealers had on crashed the server. TOO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Got in, not sure what that means

I also got in, but the message says,

Confirm Order

You have successfully completer the customer order intake process. The order is CONDITIONALLY complete until the call center verifies the order with the customer.

Pending

Hope this works, I am not sure what all that means.

I feel bad for those who didn't get in - maybe you will get the last laugh when the first 1000 cars come in December, and you get one in the spring for $3000 below MSRP.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I must have been one the last ones, my time stamp is 2:40:16, the dealership did get all five of there requests, it was quite a battle for the salespeople.

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
Ok, it's 3:27pm on the east coast now, and all I know is that when I actually went to the Pontiac dealer on RT. 22 in NJ, at 1:20pm, I did get to see the car and have my Apprentice brochure signed by Raj. As far as the Early Bird Order goes, there were five files ahead of me that had been faxed in last night to the salesguy. Gotta luv it.

So... I call another dealer from their parking lot and ask how many people does he have on board? He says 4, I'd be the fifth. He took information and I haven't heard a word back since 2:20pm.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just got a call from my dealer with a confirmation number. They got two out of the five that they entered, and I'm one of the lucky ones!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just got my call from the dealer

Mine was time stamped at 1:54 My dealer started inputing orders at 1:45 in Florida. He said they will contact me to confirm the order. Are the time stamps local time? Or are they stamped by the mainframe at the local time in Detroit?

·
Registered
263 Posts
What a nightmare at my dealer!

The dealer had 2 computers and one laptop going at 2 p.m. The server timeouts were horrible! There were 4 screens to get through to have the orders processed. The first order was on the third screen when the other 2 computers were able to get the first 2 orders in. The first order never made it through as all 1000 cars were gone by 2:45 p.m.

It was not a pretty site to see someone's dreams crushed that fast.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
WOOO HOOOOOOOooooo! Looks like I got in at 2:36:11 ... hopefully that means it's a lock anyway. I did get a confirmation sheet. Does anybody know for sure if that's it? There was no mention of a waitlist, just that I will need to be called. Assuming everything checks out, I'm in ... right?

Doing the happy dance here ...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts