Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the dealership (Sussex County, NJ) and to my knowledge, put down money on the first fully loaded silver Solstice that entered the lot, and after a month or so on 10/5 my friend gives me a call all excited telling me my car had arrived at the dealership, so I drive on over and there it is, sitting in the lot, noone around it, i was in love, but anyway, my salesman comes out and I asked him where my phone call was(about the car)..and he responded "oh, i was going to call you later, this isn't your car.", so naturally.. i was a bit pissed, but he further explained it belonged to a guy who previously ordered it and that he believed the deal would fall through because the sticker price on the car was jacked up to $29,710. After a 2 day wait on 10/7, I get a phone call letting me know the deal fell through (the guy's wife said it was two expensive) and if I wanted the car it was mine so I drove right on over and got it, obviously.. not too excited about the price ( who would be? ) but with the current availability.. i wasn't about to pass it up, and i'm still in love with it! Paying an EXTREME amount since its my first car.. (at age 19) but i'll be ok after some refinancing in a year lol.

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
Congratulations on your new car, enjoy it :party:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Clarke said:
I went to the dealership (Sussex County, NJ) and to my knowledge, put down money on the first fully loaded silver Solstice that entered the lot, and after a month or so on 10/5 my friend gives me a call all excited telling me my car had arrived at the dealership, so I drive on over and there it is, sitting in the lot, noone around it, i was in love, but anyway, my salesman comes out and I asked him where my phone call was(about the car)..and he responded "oh, i was going to call you later, this isn't your car.", so naturally.. i was a bit pissed, but he further explained it belonged to a guy who previously ordered it and that he believed the deal would fall through because the sticker price on the car was jacked up to $29,710. After a 2 day wait on 10/7, I get a phone call letting me know the deal fell through (the guy's wife said it was two expensive) and if I wanted the car it was mine so I drove right on over and got it, obviously.. not too excited about the price ( who would be? ) but with the current availability.. i wasn't about to pass it up, and i'm still in love with it! Paying an EXTREME amount since its my first car.. (at age 19) but i'll be ok after some refinancing in a year lol.
After Financing Your car is going to cost a lot.
Mine was 23,600 with everything but radio, You must have paid 6000 over MSRP
But at least you have yours.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Clarke said:
Clarke, can you tell us what the last four didgets of the vin# is? Just want to see where it was compared to mine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its vin #1381 and yeah.. i know i'm going to be in trouble with the final price of the car, but i'll refinaince it after a year with another $4000 to put me in good shape, i'll be ok ;) it'll just be this year that will be tough.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Clarke said:
its vin #1381 and yeah.. i know i'm going to be in trouble with the final price of the car, but i'll refinaince it after a year with another $4000 to put me in good shape, i'll be ok ;) it'll just be this year that will be tough.
Hey Clarke.... Enjoy and be careful. I know at 19 I was not mature enough to handle a little roadster and probably would have killed myself .... Please don't do that. ;)

·
5,641 Posts
Andrew Jackson said:
After Financing Your car is going to cost a lot.
Mine was 23,600 with everything but radio, You must have paid 6000 over MSRP
Actually the 4 main options you passed on can add a lot to the price of the car. XM-Monsoon-6 Disc CD for the radio trio and Limited Slip, along with the price increase that you are not paying add $1,560 to the MSRP.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Hey, Clarke, congratulations on the car! :thumbs:

Sorry to hear about the mark-up on the price. I'm still waiting for mine to get delivered to Salerno Pontiac in Morris County, and I expect to only pay MSRP. But then I ordered the car back in March, so maybe its worth it for you to pay what they're asking now rather than get on a waiting list for a car at MSRP.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Salerno is what I went through, i'm sure this guy who backed out ordered his at MSRP too, good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.