Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my vin # today!! Last four are 4257. I don't think I've seen any that far down the line. I've read all the posts that show people with higher numbers getting their cars sooner than lower numbers in some cases. But it seems like a crap shoot at this point.

Is anyone else in the 4000's and do you have a ship date.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Vin# 4315

Got my Vin today too! It's 4315 and it's been shipped. My dealer should have a better idea tomorrow as to when it will show up. Yahoo!

Deep, two-tone w/everything but Onstar

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Those VINs just keep going up and up! :cheers:

·
Registered
106 Posts
WooHoo!!! Got my VIN too!!!

:party: :party:

I also got my VIN today....#4328!!! :willy: :willy: :willy: The funny thing is, I just called the dealer yesterday and they thought it would be a little while longer. Didn't get a ship date,but he said it should be delivered in 6 weeks or less.... So maybe I'll be able to drive my own Sol in the next NE Ohio Drive !!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dont get your hopes up on them coming in anytime soon. Unless you live somewhat close to the plant. I sell these things and the two that we have gotten in so far have taken about three weeks to come in after they have shown that they are in transit. I got lucky and sold one of the first thousand, and got an order for another, and by time we got the first one in the first thousand were sold. So my second order was pushed back. But youll be getting them before the end of the year, and we were told that they might be upping the production of them, and producing them a little quicker.

·
Registered
206 Posts
swirk said:
Dont get your hopes up on them coming in anytime soon... But youll be getting them before the end of the year...
In the light of other noted waits, EOY is in fact anytime soon!!! :yesnod:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Got my VIN today # 4126

I received an email from my dealer today telling me that mine is showing built and awaiting transit. My vin is 4126. Hmm... Now just more waiting I guess.

·
Registered
79 Posts
brentil said:
Those VINs just keep going up and up! :cheers:
It's closing in on another month. Sounds like time for another visit to my dealer to see if they know anything.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
solactor said:
got my vin # today!! Last four are 4257. I don't think I've seen any that far down the line. I've read all the posts that show people with higher numbers getting their cars sooner than lower numbers in some cases. But it seems like a crap shoot at this point.

Is anyone else in the 4000's and do you have a ship date.
The newer vins are also taking longer because they have to go thru the water test, and they are bottle necked, they are making them faster then they can test them. Every car built has to go thru it. However some have made it out even with earlier vins and a few of the later vins ( 2000).But not many.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
DeepSol said:
Got my Vin today too! It's 4315 and it's been shipped. My dealer should have a better idea tomorrow as to when it will show up. Yahoo!

Deep, two-tone w/everything but Onstar
I think your dealer is blowing smoke. I don't believe it's been shipped at all. When it say's code 4200 (wich means shipped) it usually isn't, mine said shipped 9/19 it really got shipped 10/6 at night. And I don't know how it made it out of captivity but it did. it's running around 3/4 weeks at least to go thru water test. Then it ships when they have enough cars going in the same direction.

I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
74MGB said:
:party: :party:

I also got my VIN today....#4328!!! :willy: :willy: :willy: The funny thing is, I just called the dealer yesterday and they thought it would be a little while longer. Didn't get a ship date,but he said it should be delivered in 6 weeks or less.... So maybe I'll be able to drive my own Sol in the next NE Ohio Drive !!!
At least your dealer is more realistic.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
swirk said:
Dont get your hopes up on them coming in anytime soon. Unless you live somewhat close to the plant. I sell these things and the two that we have gotten in so far have taken about three weeks to come in after they have shown that they are in transit. I got lucky and sold one of the first thousand, and got an order for another, and by time we got the first one in the first thousand were sold. So my second order was pushed back. But youll be getting them before the end of the year, and we were told that they might be upping the production of them, and producing them a little quicker.
MAX production is 52 per shift when they get up to full production. Two shifts per day. 104 per day. They are working two Sat. in Nov. and two Sat in Dec. But don't forget the are loosing days because of Thanksgiving and Christmas. Last week they mad 422 cars.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
deluke:

do you have yours yet?? I know I've read a lot of your posts (always helpful) but I can't remember if you actually got yours.

EVeryone else who replied with close VINs --- Congrats and good luck on as short a wait as possible.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Question -- opinions???

I'm thinking about going ahead and finalizing my deal with my finance company (USAA) because the interest rates have gone up 1/4 % twice in the last month. It comes to a few hundred dollars over the life of the loan and I think I might just lock mine in. They said that now that I have a VIN they can underwrite the loan and I would lock in the rate. (5.75%)

Thoughts??

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I got my VIN# ending in 4141 today!!!
:party:
My dealer told me that it would be here in about
4 to 5 weeks, if not sooner.
I'll be waiting patiently with a cold beer.

:cheers:

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
solactor said:
Question -- opinions???

I'm thinking about going ahead and finalizing my deal with my finance company (USAA) because the interest rates have gone up 1/4 % twice in the last month. It comes to a few hundred dollars over the life of the loan and I think I might just lock mine in. They said that now that I have a VIN they can underwrite the loan and I would lock in the rate. (5.75%)

Thoughts??
Chenck with Service Credit Union, they had lower rate and USAA had said they will match the rates available. Service CU cuts the rate if you have military direct deposit and do automatic payments. USAA is suppsoed to match...at least that is the way I am going. USAA adds free gap protection, so to me the best deal is to get USAA to match the SCU rate.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
solactor said:
deluke:

do you have yours yet?? I know I've read a lot of your posts (always helpful) but I can't remember if you actually got yours.

EVeryone else who replied with close VINs --- Congrats and good luck on as short a wait as possible.
Yep mine made it out of capitivity on 10/6, delivered 10/7 in the morning. (6 hours to Ct. by truck) but I had a leak in the trunk and needed a new deck seal which was done at the dealership.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Vin 4250

Dealer thinks it was shipped. He's checking to day. :)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts