Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a notice from the dealer just as we parked the car for winter ......'due to your mileage....Approx 37,000 km....your vehicle is due for an alignment'

I have never heard of a dealer going with that approach before,a new one for me. Has anyone else gotten one of those memos? I've only done that whenever I've gotten new tires or if I hit a wicked pothole and it would be evident in the handling.

·
Registered
728 Posts
LOL RTE...No I have never received such a letter to the OP...

·
Registered
575 Posts
Ya some places do that! I bought tires for my jeep 4 years ago from a place in the states about 10 hours away from me and they still send me these notices for "time for an oil change" or "time for your 100 k check up" etc :crazy::spam:

Bert

·
Registered
8,026 Posts
You mean all the letters received from the dealership telling dozens of people wanted to buy my Solstice was a less than honest sales ploy? I feel used & violated.:leaving:

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Really? I get spam from dealers and other local shops looking to "help" me with some recommended service. It's just an ad. That said, sometimes the coupons do coincide with actual maintenance I'm planning on having done and that's kinda the point of advertising.
You mean all the letters received from the dealership telling dozens of people wanted to buy my Solstice was a less than honest sales ploy? I feel used & violated.:leaving:
Here's what I can tell everyone about these mailers. I work for a company that sells an electronic multi-point inspection. When something is marked yellow or red on your MPI and you refuse the work, it flags it for a marketing company (ie. Epsilon or Vector Marketing are the 2 biggest players in the US market). These companies are paid by the dealership to send out mailers based on several factors on your MPI. They send out marketing materials to you based on your MPI and what is coming due (if all were checked green) based on time and mileage. If something was marked yellow or red and you refuse it, you will get a coupon (often for 'x'% or $x off) or a "reminder" that work needs to be done to your car. And there is NO WAY to opt out of the junkmail. You have done business with the dealer, you're gonna get marketing material.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
Is that about how many miles you have? it's probably a computer generated guess and they are just trying to sell you. I haven't heard of this and had several cars go 100k and never need alignment. mostly I get ads from dealers wanting me to trade in one of my totalled vehicles or they are trying to sell me an extended warranty and those ads have estimated mileage. If it's not pulling to one side ot wearing the tires, I would not worry about it.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
I'm with ya there. most of mine gets ripped in half before it even gets open. however, I got a small post card sized letter from compass bank the other day and it said something about overdraft. I knew I had closed that account years ago but decided to open it and it was my $2.38 settlement check for the class action suite. Whoohoo!!

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is that about how many miles you have? it's probably a computer generated guess and they are just trying to sell you. I haven't heard of this and had several cars go 100k and never need alignment. mostly I get ads from dealers wanting me to trade in one of my totalled vehicles or they are trying to sell me an extended warranty and those ads have estimated mileage. If it's not pulling to one side ot wearing the tires, I would not worry about it.
Ya tha'ts ballpark of where it is but everything seems fine to me so I'll chalk this one up as a new one for trying to generate business and its been filed appropriately ,I can just imagine how much they'll charge as well. They can find someone else to take the bait :bruce:

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
I have a shop that does 4 wheel alignment for 90 bucks but the Firestone next to it charges 130. Dealer may even be a tad more. then you have to watch out for the crooks. FS told my 07 outlander needed a new ball joint before they could adjust it and the car was less than 2 years old. I took it to the dealer and they said the ball joint was fine. ended up taking it to the place next to FS and they did the front no problem.

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
Wednesday and Thursday are the best "mail days" for me. I take the kirby to the street on Wednesday night so I get the mail and dispose of most of it right there. Same thing Thursday night before I take the kirby back up to the house.

I still get mail for service reminders on a '92 F150 pickup that I haven't owned for 4 years.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.